Thursday, June 4, 2026

Crystals

    As I have mentioned, I have a large crystal collection. I have loved rocks since I was little, and have collected since I was very young. Though I mostly had small pieces and rarely got new ones. Several years ago, probably 15 actually, I started collecting more, and larger pieces. I really like towers and spheres, but I also love rocks that are natural and almost round, or egg shaped. I love rocks that look like they would be fun to wrap, since I also do wire wrapping. This was my first crystal display. I added to it slowly, and I had a few pieces just here and there in the house, but this was mostly what I had. 
     These days, I have a lot more crystals. I have this pink calcite gentleman werewolf. He wasn't my first gentleman werewolf but when I saw him I had to add him to my collection. 
       I have some cool skulls, both human and dragon, though these hang out with some of my plants. I have a lot of plants. Though not as many plants as crystals. I should take photos of this cool (human) skull. It has a druzy pocket in the top which is pretty cool, and a big part of the reason I bought this piece. 
      I have other carvings as well, including money toads, roses, and several other things. I did a lot of crystal buying in the past 6 months. It got a little crazy after I found the wholesalers. 

      I managed to add a variety of horses to my crystal collection. Some are from wholesalers, some are from etsy, and some are from local shops. And no, not every one of these is a horse, some are unicorns and some have wings, but they are all horse shaped stone carvings. 
      I have a small collection of carvings in rainbow fluorite, which was my absolutely favorite stone for years. I still love it, but I have other stones I am also equally drawn to now. I have dogs, wolves, bears, and so many other animals. 
       Lots of cats, and some owls, even a ram in yooperlite, which is UV reactive. I should get a picture of all the UV reactive stones and do another post on those. 

      I went to a local gem and mineral show and found a dealer that had nearly wholesale prices. I added so many minerals to my collection that day! A few came from other places, a few are not sparkly, but most of these minerals are blingy. I do love bling. I also ran into someone I do west coast swing with at that gem and mineral show. That was an interesting surprise!
     I have a variety of towers and teardrops. Palm stones, free forms, and more carvings. 
    For a while, anything that caught my eye was likely to get purchased and added to the collection. 
     I got a rainbow fluorite horse, a variety of eggs, druzy pieces, little skulls, bigger sculls, and slices. My collection has no focus, other than they are all rocks. 
      I almost forgot about the moons, I have those too. I think there are only 2 in these photos because I forgot to take a picture of the other ones. But I have several. 
    Remember how I said I like spheres? Well I definitely do. I tried to count them, but I think I forgot to count the ones in the living room. And maybe some of the smaller ones. But I did count 98 of them. Not every one is a different material, I think I have 2 or 3 sodalite spheres, because I am very drawn to that recently. I also have several different types of fluorite spheres, at least 2 are rainbow fluorite, though I think feather fluorite is also technically rainbow fluorite. And I have 2 carnelian spheres and at least 3 fire quartz spheres. I definitely have favorite materials. 
     I enjoy looking at my collection. I enjoy occasionally moving things around. Usually when I add something new. 
     I like to make sure that each piece can be seen fairly easily. All my displays are designed for me, so anyone taller or shorter won't have the same experience. I have some shelves that are a bit hard to view the things on (I have one that is basically on the floor) and most of the things on that shelf are near the front. It's not a good viewing shelf, but it seems like a waste of space not to use it at all, so I do. 
     My fire quartz collection also has a large crescent moon, but I forgot to add it to the shelf before I took this photo. Maybe some time I will do a post on just my fire quartz pieces. Or all the skulls, or something. 
      I won't be adding anything new to my collection for a while. With all of the expensive home repairs spending any money that isn't absolutely necessary feels really wrong. I may even go through the collection and pull out some more pieces to try to sell, though I do already have a box of pieces that are for sale. But like anything, reselling crystals is tough. 

     So I will continue to enjoy the crystals I have and maybe after a while I won't feel guilty if I add a piece or two to my collection. But really, I have a lot as it is. Maybe if I start to feel like I need something new I will just move everything around. Then it will feel like things are new, and I will get to see them up close. Like my sorting box. But that is a topic for another post. Does anyone have anything they wants a close look at?

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your spheres, how they show off the patterns of the different minerals. But I also love the naturally formed, organic minerals. Would love to see more close-ups of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ough the fire quartz. How is that real. How did nature make something like that. I'd love to see those pieces up close, they're stunning!

    ReplyDelete