Monday, May 13, 2013

All about Yvonne

If you've been following along with my blog posts or seeing my posts and albums on my doll page on Facebook you have probably figured out I am a big fan of the Yvonne doll made by Zica Toys.
 She just looks so realistic! I know, it's crazy that I would want my DOLL not to look like a doll. But my goal has always been realism.
 Yvonne just looks like a person. Her smaller-than-Breyer-head (which is real person sized!) doesn't fit in the Breyer hunt helmets so that I have to sculpt one. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of doll things. It's not like having to sculpt a whole head after all!
 Yvonne's hand options also make her a great doll for western or English disciplines. For the western dolls I use the loosely curled hands. The fingers are separated perfectly for western events. For the English dolls (this one being the first and only so far) I use the flat hands, reshape them and paint them. This allows the proper hand position for English reins. I am pretty excited about that!
 Yvonne is slightly harder to change the hair on in comparison to the Breyer doll. My rooting tool works just fine on her but it's harder to remove the factory hair from her head. But totally worth the effort as I can now have a variety of lovely ladies to ride! This newest one has her blush done in a way that accentuates her cheekbones and gives her a slimmer looking face (and awesome cheekbones!) while the English doll didn't have any blushing done and has a different look to her face shape because of it. I'm looking forward to trying more "make-up tricks" on future Yvonnes. So far I haven't repainted any eyes because I do like the eyes quite a bit but I think I will start doing some different colored eyes soon. Maybe on the next doll.
The dark bay horse might have been a better option for this light sage outfit with a dark saddle or a matching saddle pad. But my dark saddle doesn't have stirrups that adjust any shorter than they are. Yvonne does need a slight adjustment to her stirrups if she is using the same saddle as a Breyer gal. But not too much. And she sits bareback extremely well.
I think the entire point of this post was to share more photos of this great doll. She may try some other new things soon as well. I think she would look wonderful as a side saddle doll! I don't know yet if she can do it or if she needs to be altered to do it. I should get a side saddle...

No comments: