Saturday, October 19, 2019

Thursday Progress

       Thursday was a fairly amazing work day for me. The rest of the day was not so amazing, but the work was good. East Longmeadow High School had a 2 hour delay because there was a ton of power outages because of the storm Wednesday night. I had to take a half day to wait for the bus with Travis. I took the extra time to get a good start on my doll work for the day. I got a good amount done before I needed to leave for school. 
     My day at school was super weird. It always is when I am out in the morning and go in just for the afternoon. Someone was parked in my spot (it must be super desirable, every time I am out in the morning, someone parks in my space. Weird.)
      Anyway, when I got home I got into doll work and I managed to finish not only the casual western lady (that was nearly done when I left in the morning) but I also finished both the cowboys I was working on. I am still debating whether or not to dirty up one of the cowboys. I'll think on it. I was hoping to get these 3 done, I felt really accomplished. 
    I still had a large enough chunk of time that I also got most of the driving doll finished! She needs her gloves painted so I can take care of that and she'll be done as well. With all the extra working time in the day I got a super amount of work done. Which is good because I was feeling a bit behind on things. I am thinking that my next move is to get a bunch more stuff cut out and sewn. I still have a lot of prepped bodies, which will give me a head start on more dolls.
     This week was really odd overall. We had Monday off and then a normal day on Tuesday. I had to proctor PSATs on Wednesday for the first half of the day and then in the afternoon I had to do basically nothing because there were almost no students. Thursday I had to take an unexpected half day because Travis's school had a 2 hour delay from the storm damage. I was also really tired and thought I might be getting sick. Such a weird week overall. But I managed to do a lot of doll work, even with the craziness that was everything else in my life. Hopefully next week will be a bit more calm. But probably not. TRXC is coming.

1 comment:

pawprint said...

The dirty cowboys are cool, but maybe you should try a dirty cowgirl as well? I mean, dirt respects no gender. I bet lots of barn girls would relate.