Sunday, May 10, 2020

On Wednesdays We Bake!

       Ever since they closed the schools Travis and I have had an extended life skills day on Wednesday. Specifically, we bake. We do other things as well, but we always bake something. This time around we made chocolate chip cookies. I was looking through my recipe binder last week and saw a recipe I had marked "really tasty!" and it seemed like the right thing to make. Plus the recipe is fairly small, only 12 cookies, so we don't have piles and piles of cookies around for weeks (or an hour...). as usual, Travis did a lot of the work, including reading the recipe, checking all the instructions, doing most of the measuring and mixing and many other parts as well. 
      I showed him how to use the two spoons to put the cookies on the tray, but low carb cookies are not as sticky as regular chocolate chip cookies so he found that just sort of flopping them down worked. I'd like to note that my hand written comment on the recipe was correct, these are really tasty!
        I managed some doll work and I finished up this hunt seat lady. She has some lace panels in her coat, which are hard to see in the photo. Someone sent me a photo of a real coat like this (and I can't remember who) and I was interested to see if I could make the coat. Turns out I can. I also got a bunch of clothes cut out and ready for sewing. 
     I got an unexpected gift in the mail today. Heather Jackson-Lain sent me this super cute pig! He looks cranky in this photo, but I assure you, he's adorable. I have some performance plans for him I think. This really is an awesome pig!
     I haven't gotten any velcro yet so I didn't do any more work on the cross country vests. Maybe soon I can get started on pinnies. I want to see about getting some more dolls worked on as well. Sewing the clothes I cut and maybe working on getting someone dressed. I still have about 8 weeks until my next live sale. I have a long way to go to reach my doll and doll accessories goals, but 8 weeks is a decent amount of time. Though as we all know, that amount of time can go by so much faster than we think. Though April lasted about 6 months from what I hear... maybe I have more time than I think!

No comments: