Friday, March 19, 2021

How to Upload to SmugMug for the Field of Dolls Online Show

     Happy first day of Spring! Yesterday entries opened for the Field of Dolls Online Spring show. I feel like the last one must have been pretty popular, I had a lot of entries for the first day. I am really excited by this! It would be fantastic if we could have even more entries this time around. That much performance awesomeness just makes me happy. 
     Some of you may be new to the show, or showing on SmugMug, and things have changed with the upload process so the post I put together is now useless. So here is new(ish) and hopefully easy to follow way to enter the Field of Dolls Online Spring show. Please email me at fieldofdolls@gmail.com with any questions. And then be just a bit patient. I try to get back to everyone quickly but I do have 2 full time jobs and a family. 
     So here we go. Go to www.smugmug.com. Enter the login information you received when you entered the show. If you don't have it, check your SPAM folder, it was automatic. 


You will get this screen when you log in. Click on "organize" at the top of the screen (it is 2 to the right of the upload button)


On the left hand side of the page you will have folders. Click on Field of Dolls Spring 2021. 

That will open up the folders for the different sections of the show. I am choosing Other Performance.

Once I am in the folder I have several galleries. I am going to upload to the showmanship folder, so I click on that one. 

I get this screen next and I click on upload photo. 

But you only get that screen if you are putting the very first photo in the album. If there is already a photo click on the green upload button in the upper left part of the screen. That will upload directly into the showmanship album. 

Once you find the photo that you want and upload it, you get this screen. Just X out of it in the upper right. It is the X right next to the class name. 


This is what the album now looks like (or more, depending on how many photos are in there). You want to click on the photo you just added. 

On the left hand side of the screen is a menu of icons. Hover over the little wrench at the bottom (it is the last icon on the bottom) and you will see it is tools. Click on that. 

You then get another menu. The top item is Open in editor. Click on that. 

In the title section put your horses name. In the caption section add the other info for the horse. You do not need to put gender, I just always do so I did it out of habit. If you have documentation (strongly advised) you can also put a link to it. The documentation can be in the documentation folder I provided or an outside source such as imgur. I even had a show I judged with links to Google Docs! Make sure the proper permissions are enabled if you use a Doc, or the judge won't be able to see anything. 

Once you have your photo info in click on save in the lower right. Then just X out the photo in the top right. 

     You can then move onto entering in more photos. Just start the process over from organize and so on. If you are linking documentation that you have loaded into the documentation folder, click on your photo and then copy the link from the address bar. The last thing I should mention is deleting photos. If you put a photo in the wrong class or enter a photo you didn't mean to, just go back to the tools and find the delete button. PLEASE be careful not to delete anyone else's photos!
That's it! Happy showing!

No comments: