Saturday, August 21, 2021

When A Simple Doll Isn’t

      I have been making model horse rider dolls for over 15 years. In that time I have made a lot of dolls, 1547 as of my live sale, but now that number is a bit more, just about 1550. That is a lot of dolls. I have had a lot of practice and not much surprises me these day. This simple doll also was not a surprise, but I found her very interesting. 
     Dani wanted black and purple hair, so I started putting in purple streaks the way I always put in fun colored streaks. I do 3 rooted sections of the natural color, then a section of the fun color and so on. But with this lady, she (the doll) told me she wanted a wider purple streak in the front. And she wanted it pulled a bit to the side when her hair was pulled into the ponytail. 
     I really love how this doll's hair came out! It looks good from the front, the back, and the sides. 
     Another thing I like about this simple doll was the little change Dani asked for. First she asked for short sleeves but we eventually turned that into a button down with sleeves that look rolled up. And I absolutely love how this looks! I now want to have a doll with rolled up sleeves! Not that I need another doll, but I might just NEED another doll!
    Thank you Dani for a really fun doll who was just different enough to be extremely fun. And thank you also for the other idea related to this doll that I think we'll talk about tomorrow. 
 

No comments: