Monday, May 9, 2022

Weird Things Make Me Happy


          I have been thoroughly enjoying the less-stress of not feeling I need to put up a post every single day. It has been a huge burden lifted. Sure, writing a post usually only takes about 20 minutes, but I also need to have an idea-- and 20 minutes when I don't have something else I need to be doing. My days really are very full. 

         While I was working on lesson plans yesterday, I realized that, for some of the classes, I only have to come up with about 19 more lessons. That's pretty awesome. I am starting on DNA in biology, and we might be able to get through that before we have to start MCAS prep. I don't know if we will get to genetics, which sucks, I love teaching genetics. But I got started with this class in second term, so I really lost a lot of time. But I think, at least for some, I have managed to teach them some things. Anyway, we're getting there. There are only 26 more days of school with kids. It's a little bit weird that it is so close to the end now. It seemed so far when I first took over. 
      
         So not only is the less-stress about blogging making me happy, but Skinnygirl Merlot Grape preserve is making me happy. Just yesterday I was telling Angelique how much I love peanut butter (which I know grosses Jennifer out!) and I was saying I really wish I could have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Because I basically want to eat like a little kid. I want a peanut butter sandwich, with grape jelly, on white bread (not that my mother EVER fed me white bread when I was a little kid, lol). Yesterday, when Travis and I were at Big Y, I decided to take a look at the jelly shelf, since we were walking by it. I didn't think there was really any reason to even look. But then I saw Skinnygirl. And I know that brand. So I read it... 1 gram of net carbs! Holy cow! So I figured I would give it a try. And you know what? It's really tasty. So now because of Aldi Keto bread, Skippy Natural (I know, it has sugar, just LESS sugar), and Skinnygirl Merlot Grape preserve, I can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And it makes me happy. If I could have a glass of milk (that didn't taste gross) I would be incredibly content. See? Weird things make me happy.

       Another thing I found out yesterday, Sunshine Village is literally 3 minutes away from my house! I always think of Chicopee as Memorial Drive or Groton Street (roughly 20 minutes away). But really, Chicopee is also actually right around the corner from me. And I always forget that the town line is right there. So when I got the email saying Travis's pickup time was 8:50 I was like, how can anyone get to Chicopee that fast? But I talked to the bus driver (they know where everything is!) and she told me exactly how to get there. So Travis and I swung by on the way home from school. It really and truly is that close to me. There is even a small sign, which I am sure I have read hundreds of times, that points down the side street you need to take to get there. I have just never really registered it. Or I didn't make the connection at least. I got to also surprise Ethan with that news. He has also seen the sign and not thought anything of it. It is nice to know how close to home Travis will be. Plus there is a HUGE park right next door. That is going to be amazing. 

      So that's all my news for now. I have been having a decent week so far and the weather is getting nicer. Not putting pressure on myself to post every day has been liberating. This post was brought to you by Skinnygirl preserves and the weird things that make me happy. Like low humidity. At the time I am writing this (8:05 pm) it is usually pretty high humidity, since the humidity goes up when the sun starts to go down. But we are at 11%. Which means the daytime humidity should also be super low. Which means the days in the mid 80s coming later this week are going to be absolutely glorious!

     Also, Elecktra turned 24 today. How did she get so old???

No comments: