Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Breyerfest Loot part 3

     I think I forgot to share this lovely little horse when it came in. I don't even remember the mold name, I just know that Maggie Bennett sculpted it for Stone and I missed out on the micro ones when they were available. This one was offered just after Breyerfest by Jenn Constantine. I love this mold, and this color, so had to pick up this horse. 
She arrived a bit ago, but I forgot to share. 
      Then today I got an unexpected package from Russia. Well, I expected it, I knew it was coming, but the tracking basically said it was still on a boat, so I was not actually expecting my tack from Ekaterina Polygalina to arrive today. So this was especially exciting. I unpacked it and put it on Astrid. It doesn't really fit her. I thought about adjusting it (which would involve some serious work) but decided to see who else might fit it. 
     Oh look, Halestorm, my custom Stone pony fits in this tack! And my little Yvonne fits this tack and this pony. And I realize now that I promised to show the doll on my Stone pony a long while ago. I forgot. 
    OK, So I am pretty excited to finally own some tack from a Russian tack maker. They really are insanely talented. Are any of them just mediocre? Do they just hide out until they are exceptional? Anyway, I think this only took 17 days to get to me, which is pretty awesome. And it does fit on Halestorm really well. 
     The details on this set are outstanding. There are even more details than what you can see in the pictures. 
    I really love how the set looks, how it fits the pony, how the doll fits in the tack. This set makes me extremely happy. 
Just look at how well she fits in this saddle!
    So is this the thing that finally has me excited to show again? Nope. I fiddled with the doll and the reins for easily 10 minutes or more. Stuff kept slipping, falling over, and even after all the messing it was still not perfect. The glue dots were not sticking properly. I don't know if maybe there was some residue of sticky wax or something, but they were not staying properly. Maybe they don't love the humidity, even though the temperatures are quite a bit cooler than yesterday. So the tack and doll and everything fits together well, but I was frustrated trying to get everything together for a few quick photos with no setup. That is definitely not going to work for live showing. Maybe I can mess with things and soften up the reins, get the sticky dots to stick properly, and maybe I will find the spark again. For now I am really glad I bought this tack. That's a start. 
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

The running/turning mold for Stone is Remington.

I love the curved crown of that pony bridle! Such loving detail. Congratulations, 17 days is awesome. I have a Russian-made English saddle, and I love it. Need more, hah!