Saturday, March 23, 2024

Six Days

      I got my hair done today and it made me really happy. The last time I went to the salon I got some blue in with the purple in my hair. I don't love the blue, but it sure does have staying power. I have missed the pink though so today I said I wanted pink and purple. I can do a complex color on myself, but I haven't bothered in a while. I barely have time for my life, I don't have time to spend a whole bunch of time putting color in my hair. I will leave the more complex colors to Sara. I can read while she gets into her color zone. 
     Currently I am reading Haunting Adeline by H.D. Carlton. It's a good read but I can imagine a lot of people having some big issues with this book. At least I know what this one is about. The last book I read, The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, took a while for me to figure out what it was about. I think I was about 75 pages into that one before I could even figure out what it was about. Haunting Adeline is at least more straightforward than that. I had a lot of time to read today since I was in the salon chair for 4 and a half hours. 
    A bit over a week ago I posted this photo on my Facebook page. It's of my now expired emergency roadside air compressor. I killed it. I know very well I should check the tire pressure on each of the tires when I get the low tire presser light on the dashboard. But instead of doing that I just started filling all of them. And it turns out all of them were a bit low. But I overworked my compressor, which I have had (and used many times) for years. So I had to get a new one. Hopefully the replacement turns out to be as awesome as this one was. 
     I have been working on dolls quite regularly, making 2-3 a week. My order books are still closed though I have done a couple of dolls on commission lately. Like I have said before, if you really want me to make you something, ask. If it strikes me as something I want to do, or am at least willing to do, then I'll do it. It doesn't hurt to ask. My goal recently is to make at least one doll a week to put away for my Breyerfest sales. Then I will have 1 or 2 dolls to list for sale each week. I've been doing fairly well. I imagine I will have a slacker week at some point, but so far I am doing well with my goals. 
 
    It's finally Spring, which makes me extremely happy even though the weather has been kind of garbage. Just the fact that it's not winter seems to be doing great things for my mood. We have have 3 weeks left until April vacation and just 52 days left of school this year. I do love my job, and my team at school, but I am ready for a break. Today I spent some time reading and getting my hair done. I put on some pink and purple eyeshadow to match my hair (one of the other ladies at the salon challenged me to do it, so I had to) and I have had a good day. I didn't put in my contacts today so I put on my glasses, which I absolutely did buy to match my hair (I have had this combination of colors before). I am in a really good mood. I have Monday off and then we have next Friday off as well, so it's a very short week. 
    So what is 6 day? It is 6 days until my birthday. A couple of weeks ago I was chatting with a student and he asked if I had any plans for the weekend. I said I had a coffee date with my son and he asked how old my son it. When I told him he's 23, and my youngest, this kid's jaw dropped. I said, "your face just made me day" he said he thought I was in my 30's. I laughed and said I absolutely am not. And in 6 days it's my birthday. And while I am going to be 45, when it comes to my birthday I really am more like 5. I LOVE my birthday. Though I have very simple desires for my birthday. I just want everyone to acknowledge it's my birthday and be nice to me. 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !! HAPPY. BIRTHDAY MS. ANNE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOUUUU!!(and MANY moooorrreee!!)
This is just in case you don't post again before your birthday--I hope you'll see this!!
Hope your birthday goes well and exactly as you wish!! ( I feel as you do about birthdays although mine 's in Feb. I find I'm more giddy with excitement as the day approaches than I would be even for the holidays!)
Anyway, I love your hair!! The color(s) are FABULOUS on you!!

Aviator said...

Your blog has been instrumental in broadening my perspective. Connect with Aviator enthusiasts worldwide through our blog.