Thursday, March 19, 2020

Elegance

      There are some dolls that I just find to be incredibly elegant. As many of you know, a large part of the reason I make driving dolls is for the hats. I love hats and I have often wished that hats were still a part of womens fashion. But I also sometimes wish that long skirts and corsets were in fashion. But then I remember how hot my wedding dress was and that I like breathing. But still, it's nice to make fancy hats! I really like how this doll came out. She looks better in person, but I think she looks quite elegant.
      The next doll in the works will also be really elegant. But for now she is in a very ugly stage. She needs a collar, cuffs, waistband, vest, boots, a head a hat and her saddleseat coat. And a bowtie. She will eventually be a formal saddle seat doll, but currently, she is not very nice to look at. But soon, soon she will be elegant and ready to ride. Then it will be time for me to think of what type of dolls to work on next. I think a hunt seat doll maybe. But what else?
       I really love elegant dolls and I sort of want to make some more, but deciding what dolls to make is actually really tough for me at times. Maybe I need to make a really fun doll next. Like a super colorful western gaming doll. Or maybe I need to focus a bit on making some fun horse boots, I don't have a ton of horse boots in my stock. Maybe the elegant dolls all need to get together and have a tea party and a photo shoot. Stranger things have happened.

3 comments:

pawprint said...

Ooh -- the tea party and photo shoot would be cool. They could be discussing model horses with a micro mini on the table as a "conversation piece."

Danielle Feldman said...

Love that driving doll - hoping I get lucky during your online sales!

timaru star ii said...

I love the idea of the dolls themselves deciding who gets made next! It's O.K. to not have creative mojo from time to time. I'd vote for horse boots myself.