Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Closer

        Sunday I went to visit with my mom for Mother’s Day. We had a nice visit in the yard. I got to check out the bonsai that Ethan created as a 50th anniversary gift. It’s very healthy. I took this photo so Ethan could see how it’s doing. Likely he will go over soon and make sure the limbs aren’t growing too much for the wires. I am really happy that we are having good weather now and can have some nice visits. Closer.
       My custom horse is closer to finished as well. I don’t love his body color at the moment though. I managed to get him to a point where he isn’t too grainy (he is a bit in spots) but he is better. I think I want to darken up his lighter tones a bit. But I do mostly like him. A few more sessions on him and I think I can call him done. Closer.
       If I am remembering correctly we have 22 more school days until the end of the year. Good, this year has been rough. Even though I applied for a summer position (still not totally sure that was a good choice) I will have a few weeks off  before I have to start. And then a few weeks off before school starts next year. I think it should be fine. And hopefully next year we can be a little bit closer to normal.
 

No comments: