Sunday, November 28, 2021

Black Friday Live Sale; Before and After

          Guess who forgot to write a post last night? It was me. I thought about it, twice at least, and then it just went out of my head. It happens. I spent the evening with my family for the most part, and then did a bunch of reading. And I pushed all of the thoughts of printing shipping labels away. I was even mostly successful at it. 
          Before the live sale I had everything nicely organized and ready to go. At least that is what I thought. I think, this time around, I was even mostly right about things. My semi-live sale set-up is a storage tote for a desk, with my laptop, external battery (for my cell phone), sharpie, and my rules, schedule and trivia questions. I also have all of the different types of items nicely sorted. The plan was for a low-key, not crazy sale. Mostly I accomplished that. 
      The end of the sale had a similar level of organization, but also a whole lot of bags with people's names on them. The great thing about the semi-live sales is I have a really easy to look at record of who claimed what if anyone, myself included, thinks I made a mistake. The "loves" on each comment can easily show me who was first to claim. It doesn't mean I won't goof if two people with the same first name claim the same exact item. It happened the last time. I "loved" the comment of one of them and put the item in the bag of the other person. Oops. I did however just remake the item so the one who should have gotten it did get it. 
      This time around I didn't lose anyone's bag. Everything was paced slowly enough that I could easily resort when a new person claimed an item. I got behind on sorting and "loving" comments once in a while. Some of that was chit-chatting. Some of it was never actually knowing exactly how long I need to sort things. I think I did pretty well this time though. There were not too many times where things dragged. I didn't goof on my math and leave 13 minutes between items. I can probably cut down the time between trivia and the next item a bit. But in general I think the pacing is good. It still means that the sale is roughly 2 hours long. But knowing that ahead of time might be helpful to someone. It's kind of helpful to me. Anyway, I am now back to the place of struggling to come up with things to post about. Let's see what, if anything, I can come up with. 



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about if you go through some of your herd and tell us about how you got them and why they are special, or about their showing careers? I love to hear about other people's collections!

timaru star ii said...

I enjoyed dropping in on your sale, and am cheered to hear you think it went well. Kudos for practice!