Thursday, January 6, 2022

Casual Dolls

     Like I mentioned yesterday, I worked extra late on New Year's Eve to finish up some dolls before the year ended. One of them was this casual lady. I both love and don't love casual dolls. I wish there was a better way to do shirts so you could cover the arm joint and still have a cute shirt. But I guess I am just not a super fan of a traditional sweatshirt shape, which is basically what this is. But the doll will be versatile and can do all sorts of fun things. 
     This western lady has removable chaps and her hat is removable as well. I think this is the first time I have resized a hat that will be removable. Not that it much matters, once the hat is resized it looks better on the doll, just the underneath is not as pretty. But it is still a good trick to have in my doll box. 
       So I officially finished off 2021 with 114 dolls finished, the last 2 being casual. I am starting off 2022 with some dolls that are a bit more out of the ordinary. And they are definitely taking more time than the average doll. 
 

No comments: