Monday, January 24, 2022

Random Gifting

      I love gifting. It can be for an occasion, for a secret santa exchange, just because I see something I think someone would love. I am always vaguely on the lookout for things, or when I see things I know people would most likely love I either get them or remind myself that I can't just constantly buy people gifts because I really don't have that kind of money. I have good money (for the reference to why that line makes me laugh, go here. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, which you should, go to 2:16). And while I don't have piles of money to throw around I do have skills and sometimes feel I need to make someone a little gift. 
     I was in 2 model horse gift exchanges this year. I was completely spoiled by both of my Santas. Carra gave me enough gifts to spoil 2 people. One of the gifts was 4 different custom fabrics from Spoonflower. She mentioned that she would, eventually, need something made from the tardigrade fabric. Well alright then. 
 
     While I was working on bareback pads I made a tardigrade one for Carra. I happened to be online when Carra did a live "unboxing" of the package I sent her and another (which was actually in a box). It is so fun to be able to actually see someone open their gift! Bapple kindly modeled the pad for me. 
      I was so pleased that Carra liked the gift. That was another great part of a pretty good day. We started term 3 yesterday, so we are officially half way through the year. There are moments when I can think of it that way with some excitement. We have come so far! But then there are times when it feels like the end is miles and miles away. It depends on the minute. This minute I am OK. I had pretty reasonable classes, only one decided to be completely unruly (more often than not they are anyway) but things were not too bad. After school Travis and I went out and did the laundry and got our treat at Big Y. And it was a good day. Hopefully tomorrow will be as well. 
 

1 comment:

Helpdesk Chick said...

Thank you so much, Anne!