Friday, July 22, 2022

Customer Photos- Katy Niles

      I really love model horse performance photos. Even when I don't have much interest in showing, or even setting anything up, I really love model horse performance photos. The other day, my friend Katy Niles sent me some photos from NAN and Breyerfest, using dolls I have made for her. First up is her little youth doll. I hate this doll. I actually hate most youth dolls and have not enjoyed making them in a very long time. To ride well they need to be remade almost completely. And then they are delicate. This doll has been broken a couple of times. I definitely prefer to modify the little Yvonne dolls and make a more durable youth doll. 
      This is another doll that I made for Katy, and the scene is a sensory experience at the barn. The documentation tells all about the sights, sounds, smells, and so on. Apparently there was also sound to go with this entry! Katy tried to send me a video of it, but instagram decided not to let me see it (video unavailable). So I will just have to imagine it. 
     Here is the little youth doll again, now at Breyerfest. I hear she is also broken again, which is not at all surprising. While I was fixing, then remaking, my youth doll I must have broken her several times, made her a whole new body, hated it, modified it, and then changed to the modified little Yvonne body. They are definitely easier to work with, both in construction and use. 
     This was the doll that I made quickly last week. Or the week before, I have totally lost track of time (I think it is Friday...). This setup got 5th in a really tough class. I have never shown at Breyerfest live, but I have heard stories of the crazy fierce competition. Placing at all sounds pretty amazing to me!
     Thank you Katy for sharing your photos and showing how fun it is to play with dolls.Every day I am getting a little bit closer to wanting to do it myself. And seeing cool performance photos helps with my motivation.



 

3 comments:

timaru star ii said...

Thank you Katy for the glimpse of inside the Breyer show. I was unable to get in there, so this is great.

Jackie S said...

Oooh! Thank you Katy! Seeing performance setups makes me want to play too

Tammy Fuller said...

Thank you for the photos. I love the footing with the “foot” prints. Is it kinetic sand?