Monday, July 12, 2010

I need to name some horses a*k*a trading is fun!

I have been happily adding to my painted resin collection over the past couple of months. A lot of it was done by trading unpainted resins (I had so many I could "spend" them like money) for paintwork and whole horses. I also got a super bargain on one which was exciting. But now my dilemma is names.
This great Hazel model sculpted by Morgen Kilbourn (and acquired through a trade with Morgen) was recently painted by Jill Ennis of Ennis Performance models. I traded a couple of unpainted pieces for the paint work and am very pleased with the trade. Very nice work for a very reasonable price. But Hazel needs a breed assigned and a name. I am not sure what breed would fit her best. I am sure some sort of warmblood but what? I will take any suggestions for breed or name. (photo by Jill Ennis) This next horse is a lovely Ravishing Ronald sculpted by Kitty Cantrell and painted by Nicole Sohn of Germany. I got him through a very fun trade with Melanie Knuettel (also of Germany). He was "paid" for with a couple of unpainted horses as well. Melanie already assigned a breed for him and was showing him as a Georgian Grande which is a saddlebred, friesian/draft cross. She also sent wonderful documentation of the breed along with him and I think it is very fitting. I asked Elecktra what I should name him and she said General something and I asked my son what the name was and he said Kitty (it looks like one of the horses at the therapeutic riding barn. Her name is Kitty Hawk) so he ended up being named General Kitty Hawk and then I was amused because THEN I remembered he was sculpted by Kitty Cantrell. So we all think it's a good name. *phew* one down... (photo by Melanie Knuettel)

This last horse is not in-hand yet but will be here in a few days. It is a lovely Matriarch sculpted by Carol Williams and painted by my good friend, Joan Yount. I have wanted a Matriarch for a long time. I love Carol's work and already have a Knightly Cadence, a Victrix out for painting and an unpainted Still Dreamin resin waiting for me to want to prep. Matriarch has been on every want list I ever wrote up. So when Joan said she was selling her and told me the price I jumped at the chance to buy her. She is lovely in photos and I can't wait to see her in person. I am pretty sure I will show her as a paint horse but I am not sure on a name. I started to think on the "Sheza" names and am sort of thinking of Sheza Weekend Princess but I don't know if I like it. Again, any suggestions will be welcome. (photo by Joan Yount)
So 3 new painted resins for my collection as well as new tack coming in. I got my wonderful English set from Jennifer buxton (lovely trade) a very respectable set of English tack from Anna Suna of Latvia (more trading...) and am in the process of working out a trade for yet more English tack from Lauren Islip. I can't remember where Lauren is from, lol. I think I should probably stop acquiring English tack for a little bit. This last set will bring me up to 4 complete sets. I also have 2 other English saddles of lesser quality (one that I made). I only have 2 nice western sets. Maybe I should see if I can get more western tack, lol. I have a lovely Pam Perkins set (that I got in trade from a friend) maybe I need to work on getting another Pam Perkins set.
So I am a happy trader recently and not very good at coming up with names. After all this fun I was also inspired to really buckle down and try to document my collection with values. Collector's insurance is probably in my future.


1 comment:

horsienut said...

They are all gorgeous! I do like the name Sheza Weekend Princess :)

The Hazel would make an excellent draft cross I think, or an Irish Draft. She's a bit heavy for a pure WB.