Friday, April 26, 2019

LIMHE CM Other Performance and Shenanigans.

    The Other Performance division can be a place where you can really let out your creative side. Not that showing model horse performance is ever really lacking in creativity, but other performance can bring out some really excellent things. And so many miniatures!
    My other performance entries at LIMHE started out almost sedate. I have Mocha Latte in her vaulting entry. Her beautiful tack was made by Jennifer Buxton. I wish I could think of something new and fun to add to this scene. It is nice and I definitely like it, but now it's not new anymore. So I'll have to think on that. 
    Next Mocha Latte went into Parade. I decided to leave off the butt drapes because it does not fit her perfectly and I had time constraints. It actually looks pretty great still. I need to think about making a new parade doll soon. My western doll is an OK stand-in but I should make a new parade doll. 

     Mocha Latte ended up winning champ in the other performance division. 

     I was the only entrant in the scene class, but I decided to keep on going with the set-ups and get wild and just add as much as I could to them. 
    Caramel Latte and her showmanship doll are tame enough...
    The crowd of dolls around the picnic table is larger than ever before. I think I need to make myself some more dolls and I think when I set up this scene I need to have more people in it. And maybe more food. That sounds fun too. I have folding tables I can probably bring out to add some stuff to...


    I did manage to get my new cowboy into the scene. Though I think this is all he did all day. And he may need a bit of a spray-tan or something. He is very pale! But I definitely enjoy setting up this scene and adding things to it. I need to remember to add more details at QVPO in a couple of weeks. I did remember to bring my fruit plate finally...
     Caramel Latte ended up winning CM Other performance. Basically with this scene since that is all she did in the division.
     Really the shenanigans started with the motorcycle accident scene. Originally I was going to have Mocha Latte being the horse that was coming to the rescue, but she was in parade tack and while I was fine with setting up the elaborate scenes I didn't want to do another tack change. And no one else was really ready. So I put in Halestorm and the kid doll. I added some saddle bags, there is a cell phone in there, and a few other new details. 
     The biker is still on the ground holding his head. His beer has fallen out of the custom beer holder he attached to his bike. I'm trying to think of what else I can add to make this scene look a bit more realistic. I should do some spilled beer.
    I had some sand leftover from when I made the mini sandbags for my cowboy curtain and I put some down. Joan came by and put the tire track in. I LOVED that little detail! And of course I have the little puddle in the dirt. 
    I also typed up the documentation which even speculates about the cause of the accident and mentions poor life choices. But really, I would LOVE to add to this scene and make it really ridiculous! So any suggestions would be appreciated. 
     At the end of the show Halestorm got versatility reserve champion...
And Mocha Latte got versatility champion! They won some special kind of fancy glass that I don't remember what it is. I need to ask Laura again. 
    That's it for the LIMHE show reports. Less than a week until QVPO and I need to make a show plan!

No comments: