Tuesday, April 23, 2019

LIMHE CM Sporthorse and CM English

       The first class in CM/AR sporthorse for me was Jumper. I entered Mocha Latte with my pink and black tack made by Jennifer Buxton, a super cool pink pad made by Maire Lanzafane, boots, jump and doll were all made by me. I forgot to ask the judge if she thought there were mistakes. Mocha got 4th in the class. 
     Next was Hunter over fences/Handy hunter. Halestorm has done this class before and the trickiest part for me is getting the jump to fit on standard size, instead of oversize, footing. Halestorm got to start out the Sporthorse division with 1st place. 
     Up next was Dressage. Mocha Latte got another 4th.

    And Halestorm got another 1st. They were both very consistent in this division!
     In the end Halestorm got Champion in the Sporthorse division. 
     Next was the English division. The first class was Pleasure/Huntseat all Types. Halestorm got 3rd
    And Mocha Latte, after changing saddle pads, got 5th. Mocha was having a rough time in the English classes. 
     I only own one natural trail diorama and it really is best with a walking model. I could actually use Halestorm, but she would need a different doll. Because it's not very believable to be out riding in show clothes. So Caramel Latte went for natural trail. And I got to use my new English doll with the camo breeches. That is really the reason I put this entry on the table! They got 3rd. 
     Up next was Arena Trail. I had this fairly simple poles entry for Halestorm which the judge apparently liked since she awarded it second place. 
     Caramel Latte stayed in for Arena Trail with a change of dolls. I really wanted to set up this cool poles entry now that I had all the proper sized poles to do it with. But apparently the judge didn't like it that much.  It only got 5th. 
     Up next was Games and I was feeling rushed so I only set up one entry. That was Halestorm's candy race. This game is cute and I really love the entry. I took all the photos in the documentation, made the tiny candy and of course the dolls. What's not to love about it? I borrowed some peeps from my friend Nancy to add a bit more candy, and brought out all my giant candy bars (those are just ebay buys).  And the judge apparently liked it enough for 1st place. 
    Though really, this is a pathetic amount of candy. Which is why I have been working on making more . I have some fun plans for candy for the next show. 

    The last class in the English division was Other English Performance. On my show plan I had Halestorm down to do a riding lesson but then decided I should bring out my therapeutic riding setup again. It has been a long time. So I switched up the reins on the bridle, put the halter on Halestorm and wondered why it was not fitting. Then I remembered it was made for a larger horse (a Strapless named Lady Intrigue) and her head was much larger. Plus a strap broke and I had to sticky wax it back on. For such a simple entry it was a huge pain to get it set up. 


    But how else was I going to get both my kids into a performance scene? The youth rider is my Travis doll. Though even when Travis was small the doll didn't really look like him. It was just always dressed the same way Travis dressed for shows. And has similar colored hair. The Elecktra doll actually looks a bit like Elecktra. She has glasses like Elecktra's and I recently redid her hair so she now has a similar hairstyle to Elecktra's current style. Now I should update my Travis doll. A cool cowboy with long hair and a beard! That will be pretty great!


1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

I am enjoying this blow by blow visit to Laura's show. Thanks for sharing. Candy Race!! The sire of my current fav in the KY Derby is Candy Ride.