Thursday, January 9, 2020

All the Sewing, All the Colors

      Yesterday I managed to get a bunch of sewing done after school. I was exhausted and just wanted a nap, but I knew I had to just get into the sewing and get it done. And I did. OK I made coffee and then I did. It was only two outfits but it took a bit longer than usual. I had clothes to make for a saddle seat doll, and those outfits to take more work. I also am working on a Spanish side saddle doll. And I have no pattern that is perfect for the skirt so I am sort of making it up as I go along. I think it's going OK. I guess I will find out when I put her together. But so far, so good. And even though it took way longer than I felt like it should, I got the sewing done. Hopefully I can make some really good progress on putting the dolls together after school today. 
      If I had doll bodies prepped I could have gotten started on dressing the dolls yesterday, but I still have to pull out the dremel and I just didn't feel like it. So I worked on my color wheel of cross country kits. This is only half of them. But I got the padding in all 14 and the backings on these 7. So I am making progress. Maybe that can be the plan for finishing them up too. On the next sewing day I can get the backing put on the other 7 and then the next I can put in all the velcro. Maybe. My plans evolve every day. 
     So I made a bit more progress and I am hoping to have the saddle seat doll and the side saddle doll finished by the end of the week. We'll see if that happens. I am really hoping that an eyeshadow palette I ordered from Amazon arrives today. It's supposed to, but it was supposed to arrive several days ago and was delayed. I have several Amazon items that have been delayed this week. After being so spoiled by Prime, waiting a week or two (or three in the case of a T-shirt I ordered for Travis for Christmas...) is a bit frustrating. But IF everything shows up that should I will have new eyeshadow colors to play with and new wireless headphones so I can watch shows and Youtube videos while at the laundromat and washing dishes, without the cord in my way and without disturbing everyone around me (and competing with other shows and videos). So that will be fun. And it will literally be Christmas again, since I got those things with my Amazon gift cards I got for Christmas. And then maybe I am done buying makeup for a bit. Maybe. I am having SO much fun with it!


1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Congrats on plogging through...! I get my Christmas later, after I return from a trip, so it's cool to see someone else does too.