Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Is it Pig-in-a-Saddle Fancy?

     I don't particularly like making youth dolls. You basically have to cut up a doll, into a lot of pieces, and then rebuild it until it is usable. These days I prefer to build a doll to fit on the larger of my pony saddles. Not a lot of people seem to have the tinier size saddle, this one is more average. I can't reach my pony at the moment, but I thought my newest pig might fit in my pony saddle. And she does. And she's awesome! I also am thinking that any time anything is fancy I am going to have to wonder if it's pig-in-a-saddle fancy. It's a valid question, this a pretty fancy pig. 
     The pig makes a good solid base for the saddle so I can check the size of the youth doll I am building. Plus I get to play with the pig, and that is a lot of fun for me!
      Other than building youth dolls I have been putting together more saddlebags. I finished 4 and a half sets on Sunday! I know, the half set sounds really odd. But I somehow managed to lose an entire, finished bag before I glued it onto the base. I have no idea where it went. I will have to make a new one. I am not happy about that. But I did get my 4 sets for the week finished already, which is awesome. As long as I can manage to get 3 dolls finished this week I will still be right on schedule. Anything I get finished beyond that will be a bonus!
      The weather is supposed to be pretty good this week so I know we have more house work in our future. There are still a few more fairly major things that we need to try to finish. Then there are bunches of other less major things that need to get worked on. So far I am managing to keep up with school work for me and for Travis, prep for my NOT Breyerfest sale and helping Ethan work on the house. I have even managed to do some things that are not any of those things that are fun for me. I have still read some and I have been watching The Big Bang Theory. So I am having a good time. 5 weeks left until my live sale! Then maybe a short doll break and working on miniatures and figuring out when in August the miniatures sale will be. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: