Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Not Creepy At All

       The title of this post has nothing at all to do with the content of this post. Other than to describe the in progress photo of the Hunt seat doll I was working on in my car at the laundromats on Monday. Yes, laundromats. And yes, Monday. Last week I switched my laundry day to Monday and I really liked it. Not doing the laundry, I still hate that, but doing it on Monday got it out of the way on a day I often lack doll making motivation anyway. So I figured I would try it out again this week. I actually brought the hunt seat doll with me and got a good chunk of the work done on her. It was nice. 

      In other laundromat related news, my regular place was super busy and I had to wait for a dryer. And I waited and waited and then just took all of my (very  heavy) wet laundry to another place in town. The other place had one person in it, was super clean and it looks like even though they do not have front loading machines it may end up overall being a cheaper place to do the wash. I may have to give it a try. I am always looking for ways to save money. Even if it's just a few dollars a week. 

      Tuesday I managed to also be fairly productive. I was very proud of myself! I finished up the hunt seat doll, got the gloves painted on the 2 youth dolls I have in the works and all the clothes cut out for the 3 dolls that I am hoping to finish by the end of the week. That may be a stretch. But the bodies are already rebuilt, the clothes are cut out and the hands are painted. Progress. Maybe I can work on hairing some heads before school. I get there pretty early. 
                                                         

       I usually grab one of the place mats off the kitchen table to take quick doll photos. But even though it is not the best backdrop, I had to grab the really awesome haversack that Lynn Isenbarger sent me. Isn't it cute? She also sent me one of the tiny flamingos from her Flamingo Pond set up for the Pandemic Performance Panorama. I was thrilled to pieces! It might not make the best backdrop but I love it!
       This week has been pretty productive. I like it. I am starting to feel a little less like a slacker. Once I get a few more order dolls finished up I think I will feel a lot better. I don't like orders to linger in my book for too long or they start to feel like they are looming over me. I am making progress and sooner or later I will get them done. 

2 comments:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

Some of the flamingos in your backdrop looked 3D when I first saw the photo! :D

timaru star ii said...

For some reason, the name Flamingo Fanny comes to mind...