Friday, October 29, 2021

Doll Progress and Show Updates

     I finally finished some dolls this week, though I haven't had a chance to take photos yet. I have the last things I need to put dog sets together, but I haven't actually put them together yet. But soon. I am almost there. Yesterday I decided to catch up on my shipping and I shipped all but one of the remaining show prize packets. The other can go out in the mail today. I hope I can catch the mailman. I think now all of the extra things I needed to do are finished. I am done with my show, including shipping prizes, done judging the Mares in Black show... I think I can breathe a little bit. Just a little. I only have about 4 weeks to get things finished for my live sale. I do seem to have a variety of extra days off in November, conveniently. 
     I have an order for a charro so yesterday I started working on a sombrero. I have made sombreros before. They are hard. I can make them, but they do take a lot of fiddling and are never quite as nice as I would like them to be. So I also ordered some miniature ones from Amazon. If they are the correct size, and look good, maybe that is what I will use. If not, I have a good start on another sombrero. 
     Even though I have made a few, I don't actually have a sombrero pattern. I always just sort of wing it. So each one is really one of a kind. 
     This one still need a whole lot of work, but it is starting to look like a sombrero. With something to fill in the spaces in the leather of the crown, some paint, and a bit of trim, this should look pretty good. We'll see how the Amazon ones look.
     I am feeling a lot better than I have been. I am slowly picking away at projects and finally finishing some things. I have plenty of dolls still prepped and ready to dress and I have a few more outfits ready to go as well. I am getting there. Maybe today I'll make some doll sets. I have another 4 weeks. I guess we'll see what I can do. 
 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Best of luck with the hat! You could cover those join lines with strings of sequins, er, the equivalent look.. I think the fullscale ones do that...