Monday, November 9, 2020

Doll Progress

      The next Field of Dolls Studio live sale will be held on Black Friday, which is also when I held the first ever Field of Dolls Studio live sale. I know not everyone is a fan of live sales, for a variety of reasons, but they really have been the turning point for me from a business standpoint. Which also means I am going to keep holding them. 
      Because November 27th (Black Friday this year) will be here before we know it, I have been hard at work getting things ready for sale day. The hoodie dolls have become incredibly popular so I wanted to make sure I had at least one for the sale. After posting about another hoodie doll the response was so enormous that I feel I need to make several more. Which I will if I have time. Time is something I don't have a lot of at this point. 
      I managed to finish up a fancy driving doll. Her hat is amazing, and clearly the entire point of this doll. I really do love fancy hats! I also really love the fabric her coat is made from. 
     I had this western pleasure doll partially in the works for a couple of weeks and finally just put her on the front burner and finished her up. I really like the red and the different glitters are a lot of fun on this outfit. She is very similar to the burgundy doll I made recently (commission) but not identical. I think I now have 5 or 6 western pleasure dolls for the sale. Time to move on and work on something else. 
     The next batch of dolls I want to get into are English dolls. I want to make several casual English dolls and several hunt seat dolls. All of them will have bendy necks. I have a to-do list of all of the things I need to try to finish before the 27th. I may not get a day off until then.