Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Everything in the Way


     I'm really struggling this week. All I want to do is get some work done. And I can't. I am still trying to fix whatever is going on with Travis's health insurance, and that has basically become another job. And it's a crappy job that doesn't pay at all. What it does do is frustrate me and takes up all of the time I could be using to make dolls. So then I get more frustrated. I am really trying to be productive. And I hope I can be soon. But I still have the issue that the studio is insanely hot if the temperature outside is anything but moderate. And it has not been moderate. I also sort of miss watching shows while I work. I might need to move my small TV into the studio. I need to reconfigure some things on the desk to make that work. But I think I can do it. Sometimes listening to music, or podcasts, is great. And sometimes I just want to watch a show. Maybe that will help my productivity. Though I really doubt it. Less time spent on health insurance stuff and maybe some insulation in the ceiling will probably help my studio productivity. 
    Another issue I am having is finding cowboy hats. The small ones that I have bought for years have all of a sudden (OK, it was not all of a sudden, it's been a bit) changed. They are now larger, not by a lot, but enough that they look horribly out of scale on the Yvonne-sized heads. So I keep trying new places to see if maybe they will have hats of the correct size. I ordered from a couple of different places again today. I just need hats. Proper hats of the proper size. I contacted someone I know who does 3D printing but have not heard back. So I will put this out there, I am super in need of cowboy hats to fit Yvonne sized heads. If you 3D print, and have that size (or can make that size) please let me know. 
     I also realized last night that I have not updated my doll book all year. Literally all year. So I spent some time doing that. And I now know that I have, to date, made 1675 dolls. Even though I am slower than molasses on a cold day these days, I am pretty sure I can make another 25 dolls this year. There are 23 and a half weeks left in the year. I can make a doll a week and a couple of weeks with 2 dolls. I can do AT LEAST that... can't I? Well, we shouldn't hold our breath on that because maybe I can't. But I can try. Maybe I can get at least one doll done this week. Or maybe a bunch of pieces of several dolls, who knows. I got an Amazon package today, which I have not opened yet, which I am pretty sure is my proper Dremel, which was the only thing I bought on Prime Day (at 11:30 at night when I was almost asleep and I remembered I needed a proper Dremel, not the little one I was using, and I remembered that I had not looked to see if there was a Prime Day deal on Dremels. There was. So let's find out together if that really is what I think it is...

     OK, it is! Maybe, at the very least, I can handle getting out to the porch to Dremel a bunch of dolls tomorrow so they are ready to be used. That would be useful. But we will see how tomorrow goes. There always seems to be something in the way. 

No comments: