Friday, July 28, 2023

Western Week

     I meant to make 4 dolls this week, but that didn't happen. For one thing, I ran out of the material I use to make the boots. For another thing, I did not have enough doll bodies prepped and my porch where I Dremel has been very hot during the day. For another, I was incredibly tired several times and I just didn't have the energy or motivation to get the other doll finished. But I did manage these ladies. And I really like them. 
      Now I know that I already did basically this same design on the turquoise doll from last week (who is still available), but when I was thinking what to do for a western pleasure doll this week, I was thinking about pink... then cherry blossoms came into my head... and this sort of just happened. And I am glad that it happened. 
      I think she is nice, has just enough pink to say she has some pink on her, but not enough that it is overwhelming. Some horses don't look good with pink dolls. But this lady is basically a classy black and white doll with a touch of pink. I like her quite a bit. 
      I am so excited to have found some cowboy hats that fit like they used to that I had to make some more western dolls. This lady's shirt has a very subtle pattern to it, not quite marbling, but almost. Royal blue is a color that looks good with pretty much any color horse, so she is the perfect doll for anything western or casual. 
     You can see the subtle pattern on her shirt a bit better in this photo. As you can also see, her hat is removable, which makes her even more versatile.
    You can't go wrong with basic black. Which is partially why I pretty much always wear black. I also happen to really like it. This casual western lady is ready to work! Whether it is taking care of the horses, riding in a show (western games, working classes... I can maybe be talked into cutting chaps or chinks...), or just hanging out filling in wherever an extra doll is needed, this lady is ready to work. 
    Her hair is a very cool reddish brown color that I don't remember where I got it, so I don't think I can ever get it again. She has a nice slim braid and her hat is also removable which, again, makes her more versatile. 
    So these dolls are all available to purchase, if you are interested please send me an email to fieldofdolls@gmail..com Shipping is extra ($10 in the US and more to everywhere else) The western pleasure doll is $240 and the casual western dolls are $220 each. Western pleasure and the casual doll in the black shirt are sold. Blue shirt is still available.
    In other news, there is one more week of summer school, and we will only have 2 of the kids left. It should be fun. Then at some point, hopefully soon, my work family can get together for a party. It sounds like some changes are coming for next year and we are likely going to get split up. But however it ends up I think the kids we work with will benefit. This really is one of the hardest parts of education. Your students and classes change every year, and if you are support staff, you never know who you will be working with. At this point I am still not even sure what building I will be working in! I should find out in a few weeks. 

No comments: