Monday, July 3, 2023

Trying New Things

       I love trying new things. Sometimes they turn out really great and sometimes they don't. And while I can, and do, very easily fall into routines (that some might call ruts) I do enjoy new things and new experiences. Yesterday, I had a spontaneous live studio day. This (bad) photo was taken in my studio, after the live portion of things, when it had started to get sort of hot. I need to adjust some things in the construction of the room to make it more comfortable when it is not of a moderate temperature outside. Anyway, I grabbed my laptop and went live. Then I worked on a couple of dolls and chatted with people. I worked sort of slowly, because I was watching the chat for messages, and I basically talked and told stories, prompted by what people were saying in the chat, or questions people asked. It was a fun, different way to work. I will likely be doing more live studio days at some point. Though I have promised to give some forewarning so people can know to join in. I need some feedback though. Are evenings best during the week? Weekends? What days and times work for people? I will basically also do whatever works for me, but I would love to know how I can do this so people who want to join in have the opportunity. 
     Another new, fun thing I have been trying, is different "Viking" hairstyles. They look the most interesting when my hair is multicolored and bright, which currently it is quite faded, but they are fun. They are also usually "up" without actually being up. Which is something else I enjoy. Most of the tutorials I have found are fairly simple, but still a bit challenging to do on myself. But it used to take me 45 minutes to put in my contacts and I don't need that much time anymore. I am sure these fun styles will get a lot easier with practice. 
          I have some dolls available for sale. A couple of them were finished before and the hunt seat dolls were finished yesterday, mostly during the live studio time. Prices do not include shipping, which is $10 to US addresses for up to 3 dolls. Overseas is more and please contact me for a quote. If you are interested in a doll please email me at fieldofdolls@gmail.com. 
non-blingy Western pleasure doll. Price reduced $220
Casual western doll in purple. Has a removable hat. $220
Bendy neck hunt seat doll with black coat $240
Bendy neck hunt seat doll with navy coat. $240

No comments: