Monday, July 17, 2023

It’s Hard to Work Like This

    From the post title you might think that I mean it is hard to work because of this bandaid on my thumb. Well, that is partially true, but mostly I mean the ongoing debacle of health insurance. I spent several more hours today on the phone, often with very rude people, I filled out a 40 page form (I wish I was kidding) that it's totally possible that I will not need now. I won't know for a bit. I am exhausted and frustrated, a bit concerned that Travis won't have his insurance, and I am exhausted. I was exhausted all weekend so of course that meant I couldn't sleep last night. I did also slice my thumb really badly making supper last night. It is still quite sore today. And it's amazing how many things you need to use a thumb for when doing basically anything. Everything on the doll, when I finally got around to working on her at 7:00, was so much harder. But I managed. 
     And she's finished. A nice casual English rider doll. Her breeches are mostly navy, but the knee patches are black because I liked how that looked and I could find my black ultra suede easily. Sometimes I need things to be easy. 
    As promised, this lady is also tattooed. She has a lot of them. Including this half sleeve of flowers and hummingbirds...
    another flower and some butterflies (and some swirls peaking out from her sleeve)...
    The horse tattooed on her neck that I shared before...
    She also has really long blond hair in a braid. I love when I can get the hair really long. Not every color of viscose behaves as well as this pale blond does. 
     She also will come with a removable helmet. This is one of the ones from KC's Galloping Gals. While the strap is molded right onto the helmet, I promise, it is removable. You just have to be a bit careful and slide it gently. 
     Here's another view of one of the butterfly tattoos and another little horse. 
    And the back of her arm. I tried to get as many tattoos on this doll as I could, without putting any on her hands or having them mostly covered. Or fully covered because that is a waste of my tattoos. I think she is fun and turned out pretty well. 
    If you are interested this lady is $225 plus shipping. You can email me at fieldofdolls@gmail.com (best way to contact) with inquiries. I am hoping I can get this health insurance stuff taken care of tomorrow. This is week two of this. I just need one person that knows how to do their job...
 

No comments: