Sunday, July 19, 2026

Dinosaur World and Big Mike’s Rock Shop

     Remember how I said when we pulled up outside Crystal Onyx Cave it was a bit cheesy and off putting because the statues basically looked like giant toys? Well, we decided to go to Dinosaur world, since the caves are around 2 hours away from Lexington and you really want to make the trip worth it. 
     Dinosaur world is not worth it. I did take a bunch of photos, but they basically are not worth sharing. They were not well done or realistic looking. And I know that we don't really know exactly what the dinosaurs looked like, but I am pretty sure it wasn't like these statues. Travis said he wanted to go and it was a nice hike with weird statues in the woods. I even made a doctor's appointment while we toured because it was quiet enough for me to do it (and they had called). The best part of Dinosaur World was the T-Rex T-shirt that Travis got. The rest was silly bit a nice walk because it wasn't super hot. 
     We also stopped at Big Mike's Rock shop for the second day in a row. We went when we went to Mammoth cave (and we went to the Mammoth Cave Wildlife museum on the way to Mammoth, but I didn't bother to do a post about that either). Big Mike's has some really excellent prices on rocks and minerals. It was definitely worth stopping at. Twice.
      This was the end of the time we spent out near the caves on this trip. The first day, when we had pre-booked tickets to Mammoth, was when I discovered that Cave City is in the Central time zone. So we were already going to be early to Mammoth, but ended up VERY early. On our second day I planned in the time travel, but also planned out the trip that we could do a lot in the area and still get back to Lexington at a reasonable hour. And even with the silly dinosaur tour, it was a fun day doing vacation-type things. 
 

No comments: