Saturday, September 2, 2023

Saturday Sale

     This week was the first week of school and it was great, but I am tired. We are getting to know the kids, and that will take some time. There will be some struggles while everyone adjusts. 4 of our students are new to middle school and they have to adjust to the fact that they are no longer in elementary school. The things that are expected of them will be more. But so far we are doing well. 
     Yesterday Travis got sent home from Sunshine Village. They said he was coughing (I heard one cough in 4 hours yesterday afternoon) and that he was extremely tired and needed to go for a covid test. So Ethan picked him up and they hung out until I got out of work. Then Travis and I went to urgent care. He does not have covid, he has an old fashioned upper respiratory infection. Today he already sounds about 50% better (I could hear congestion in his voice when he said anything to me yesterday afternoon). So we have a nice long weekend, and an extra day off Tuesday since Sunshine Village jumped the gun and cancelled Travis's transportation for Tuesday. 
     I have the problem of Travis being scared of the pulse oximeter. A nurse traumatized him years ago. She went to do a finger poke, he resisted, then she said she could get the info she needed with the pulse oximeter... but then Travis decided it would also hurt, and now he is afraid of them. I tried really hard to talk him into it yesterday, showed him again that it doesn't hurt, showed him how to use it, had him poke the end of it, but that was as far as we got. He won't put his finger in it. I am thinking of buying one. Maybe if he plays with it all the time he will decide to try it, see it doesn't hurt, and be OK with it. I am also open to any ideas from people on how to get him to try it. I will not force him, it needs to be his idea to put his finger in there. 
     So it's Saturday, and the last decent weather day for a week (gonna be HOT for the next 7 days), so of course I decided that means it was time to take sales photos and list things for sale. I need to buy a new oil tank and I would be more comfortable doing that if I had some more money coming in. And since I have not shown since 2019 I decided I could let some more tack go. And then I found a bunch of other things as well. Everything is listed on MH$P here, with lots of photos. Please send inquiries to fielfofdolls@gmail.com. Happy Saturday!















 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Congrats on selling the Wendy Ward set already -- !!

My aunt, who is a nurse, introduced me & my husb to pulse oxes. She wore one around her neck and tried everybody at the table. I found one on ebay for around fifty. By all means play with it; stick a doll's finger in it... [h'm, you wouldn't get a reading, but maybe it's like the model horses, they have their own world...]