Friday, April 19, 2024

Five Below

     I had kind of a crappy day. I didn't want to work today, but I seem to have spent a large portion of the day doing things that felt like work. Or at the very least were not very enjoyable. I got on a chat with Amazon because my Blink doorbell, which I got because I cannot see out my front door, has a very long delay before the live video comes on. I feel 16-20 second is just too long, especially since the other cameras will go to live in about 5 seconds. So basically, I was trying to see if I thing I have had for a month was something they would let me return. It turns out they would. I also ended up having to move the camera, several times, that is now aimed at seeing who is at the door. I need to be able to see them, not see a dark figure and wonder who it is. 
     I also spent quite a lot of time doing other not-fun things that needed to be done. When Travis got home it was time for our coffee date, but I also had to do some Amazon returns, in two different locations. I made the mistake of going to the UPS store that was close to Barnes and Noble. It is also on a street that always has a ton of slow-moving traffic, the parking lot was difficult to get in and out of, and then I had to go to a different place for the other return. So frustrating. 
     After coffee we went over to Five Below because they have been taunting me with ads for cool miniature things. I was going to go the other day (I did go to a different Five Below the other day) but I figured since we were going to be very close to this particular Five Below (which had the things I wanted in stock) I would wait. You would think that buying a bunch of really cool miniatures, that should work at least reasonably well in 1:9 scale, would be fun and exciting. Well it is and it isn't. I do love tiny things, but I didn't actually need to get a single one of these things. But it happened and I figured I would let people know where to get the cute tiny things.
    There are cool little themed sets which are just food things and food accessories. 
    These sets are also all food things, but have cool things that might be intriguing or useful to performance showers. I haven't taken anything out of the packages yet, but I do think these would all work reasonably well in 1:9 scale. 
     I also got a variety of mini candy displays. Because I happen to love tiny candy. If I actually ever open these things I will get a photo with a doll. 
    I also got this cool refrigerator, which is off for scale, at least a bit, and some of the food definitely is, but it's cool and I like it. I do love tiny things. 
      I have another food set from around Christmas time. It is all holiday themed stuff that I didn't pull out when I took these photos. I also have never opened that package. Maybe I am waiting to see if I actually find a use for all these teeny tiny things. Maybe I am having regrets and feel that people might want them if they are unopened. I don't really have a plan. When I saw these I wanted them because they are tiny and cute. I got them because of that. But now that I have them, I have no idea what I am going to do with them. Maybe I will just look at them and see if they make me smile. 

3 comments:

timaru star ii said...

It never occurred to me that Pez would be miniaturized. I guess my vision is narrow. I used to collect Pez when I was -- I can't quite remember, but it was decades and decades ago. Where are those things now? Model horses lasted with me, but alas, Pez did not. I'm still charmed when I see Pez in a local store.

Gretchen Haskett said...

Do they still make Pez? Those were fun and tasty when I was little.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure they still make pez