Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Bedouin

     I'm on vacation this week and you would think that would mean I have more time to blog. It does not. I have more time in the day technically, but I am still finding it challenging to find the time for all the things I need to be doing. But the other day I got these lovely photos from Evan Le and I had to make some time to write in the blog. 
     A couple/few weeks ago, Evan contacted me saying that he had seen a tall cowboy I made at a recent show. The height of the doll was perfect for his Azham resin, who is quite a large resin and makes all the other dolls look tiny in comparison. Evan asked if I would make him a rider to go with his setup. I said my books are technically closed but send me some reference pics of what you want and I will think about it. Evan sent me a variety of photos and basically said I could do what I wanted as long as it was along the lines of the photos. It caught my interest, I do like doing different things every once in a while, so I agreed to the project. 
    We did message back and forth a bit as I was looking for the doll. The tall cowboys, and this Bedouin, are made on NBA dolls, which are incredibly expensive and can be hard to find. But this guy was perfect for the project. I did have issues with it. I broke several things while I was working with the doll, but I have years of repair experience and I actually swapped bodies so I could keep on going with the project. And he came together. Evan was so easy to work with and then he sent me these amazing photos and has allowed me to share them here. 
     I don't often like taking on custom orders at this point. They can be very stressful in many different ways. I always feel like having an order in my book means I need to get it done now. In general, I do not procrastinate. I like to get things done and out of the way, so having orders that I am not doing feels like slacking to me. Which is stressful. But this project was actually fairly relaxing. So I will say again for the record, my order books are closed but if there is something you want you can ask me. It might strike me as something I want to make. The worst thing I will say to you if you ask is no. 
      So I am in the second half of my week off for April vacation. I have done a reasonable amount of visiting, both here and at other people's homes, I have done some larger cleaning and sorting projects, I "built" a gym, and I have done a reasonable amount of doll work. Reasonable especially considering all of the other things I have been doing. I have done some reading, but the book I am in right now is not all that interesting to me. I refuse to just give up because it's not a terrible book (and I slogged my way through a pretty terrible book just a couple of months ago) but it isn't drawing me in like some books. I have gotten back into working out and I figured out that the recommended amount of rowing is 5-15 minutes and I can likely fit that into my mornings, even when I go back to school. Though we only have 39 days left of this school year. And I am ready to be done. I am ready to keep going with my fitness goals. Even though my entire body is sore, it is kind of always sore. Now it is sore in the ways that make me feel stronger and more held together. Which is good since I have the Desforge's challenge in a week and a half and I am absolutely not ready for it. I may need to walk a lot more than run. I may need to actually skip some of the challenges because of one injury or another. But I will go and do my best. And then I will keep at it. I need to remind myself that working out actually makes me feel good. Even while it is making me sore. 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is one realistic looking Bedouin! I wouldn't mind owning that whole set up myself! (I love Salukis--and actually have the lying one!)
Best wishes for your upcoming run! Hopefully you can reach your fitness goal !( Remember--No pain--no gain!)
Don't forget the reason for vacation to rest and relax! Have fun!