Thursday, August 25, 2022

Another Custom and weird news


      This was a fun little doll to make. Australian stock horse riders sort of seem to my doll maker brain, to be a mix of English and Western. Meaning, they wear long pants with boots and spurs, a jacket that looks fairly English to me, and a western hat. So while this is an unusual doll, technically, it was not a challenging doll to make. I am pretty sure this is the one and only Australian stock horse rider I have ever made. It also brings to mind the fact that I currently have no idea how many dolls I have made because I have not been keeping up with my book. At all. And since my printer is low on ink, I will not be updating it today. Anyway, this doll was a custom order so is not for sale. 
     I had a really fantastic day on Tuesday. Which is a good thing, since I had felt like half a zombie for the past 2 or 3 days. So I guess let's start there. Saturday I felt off. Not sick, but not quite not-sick/ I had some vague dizziness and some vague nausea. Every bit of it may have been caused by spending too much time on screens. I was ordering stuff and should have stopped scrolling long before I did. There are times when screens really start to get to me. And when I get to that place it usually lasts for days. Meaning, I can be on a screen, no scrolling, for a very short amount of time, and if I go beyond a very short amount of time I will get sort of dizzy and nauseous. And once that happens it stays with me all day most of the time. So Saturday I was a bit off, maybe because of too much scrolling. 
    Then Sunday I was fine, I didn't spend much time on screens at all, but I noticed I was exhausted. Like, ridiculously tired. It was not any sort of normal tired, but the kind of tired you would have if you hadn't slept. I had slept, at least I thought I had, but I was still exhausted. Monday was the same. I had plans with my friend Marisa today, and the way I was feeling I was not sure I could even make it. But I REALLY wanted to see her. So I took a covid test (really, WHY was I so tired?) was negative, so decided to go to bed early and make sure I was hydrating properly. Because maybe that is what was wrong. 
     Anyway, Tuesday I got up and I was fine. The hour drive was almost nothing, I didn't even have time to get bored. But I was making sure to hydrate (and my cells didn't want to hold the water so my bladder let me know over and over that I have NOT been hydrating properly!) and I was just so happy to go and see my friend. 
     The end result? I had a really good day. With one of my favorite people. I didn't work, didn't think about work (other than talking about school stuff... I didn't think about doll work, lol), definitely didn't feel guilty about not working. I had a great day. I came home and Ethan says I look so much better than I have. It was even clear to look at me that I was feeling off. Now I am hoping I can keep up with this really good feeling. Thank you Marisa for a really excellent day! We definitely need to do this more often. 
    
     OK, now the weird news. I am in the hospital with appendicitis. Waiting to be properly admitted, and for surgery, which they are hoping will be today. I would much rather have stories about doing cool things but no. I get to talk about surgery. Anyway, I might get into the OR tonight and then I can most likely leave in the morning. Crazy stuff. Maybe this could be whY I was feeling off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Did your abdomen hurt at all???

Anonymous said...

A little bit today. But not much pain

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing. Hope you have a speedy recovery and Thankyou for the doll 😊 she’s still on her way down under. ❤️

timaru star ii said...

You could teach lessons on the delivery of disturbing news in a friendly, offbeat happy way -- !!! Perhaps I can learn this art,...

Egad, people die of that. I'm so glad you're okay.