Thursday, September 15, 2022

Weekend Fun

     Apparently my life has not gotten any busier. I put the photos into this post this past weekend and it's now Thursday morning, and the first chance I have gotten to start putting some words in it. Will I have time to write the whole thing before I go to school? We just don't know. 
     So this past weekend was super busy for me, but in totally fun ways. Friday afternoon I spent some time with my friend in her shop and I delivered most of her very large order of earrings. I have been having a really excellent time making jewelry, though mostly earrings, they seem incredibly popular at the moment, and now officially have them in two shops, not including my super quiet Etsy store, and I have another shop with an order in that I need to fill. Making jewelry fits nicely into my phone calls from Ethan. He calls me on his lunch break from work and jewelry making gives me something to do with my hands while we talk. I hate just sitting on the phone and not doing something. And there is not a lot of things you can do that don't need much brain power to work on. 
     Saturday morning, Travis and I went to the Brimfield Flea Market. Well, first we tried to find a store out in Spencer, and that didn't happen, so it just turned into a very long way to get to the Brimfield Flea Market. Mostly, we go to visit my aunts, Yvonne and Deb, but we do also like to look around. Travis said he wanted Marvel's The Thing, so we went looking for toys. I found this GIANT Proud Arabian foal. I am sure there is some story behind this that some collector knows. I know several molds were not originally Breyer, and things were made in different sizes. I also know that there are total knock offs of things out in the world. I did think though that this would be of vague interest to someone at least. 
     While Travis and I were visiting, Deb told me about a new-to-me crystal shop, which was in Sturbridge (just down the street) so I clearly had to go and check it out. It was a nice place, lots of plants (which I tried not to look at for too long, in case my gaze killed them), and a nice variety of crystals. All sorts of crystals. I had to pick up this piece of rainbow fluorite, since it is my favorite stone and this is such an excellent piece. It's chilling out on the windowsill above my kitchen sink, with my fluorite and opalite towers.  
     When we got home I spent the rest of the day out in the yard with Ethan. We did some target shooting with different pellet guns and I was pleased to see I hadn't lost my touch completely. These targets are only a couple of inches across. Not perfect, but I can work on it. I had forgotten how much I like target shooting. I wish I didn't rediscover that so far into the year. It will get cold soon. 
     Speaking of cold, we also stayed outside and had a fire (and it was actually not cold out at all). This heart-shaped log amused me quite a bit, so I had to take several photos of it. 

     A few weeks ago we had another fire and I got a bunch of photos that came out much better than this one. I love that fire is so endlessly changing. It's like watching flowing water. Though fire usually dances a lot more than water does. Unless you are watching ocean waves. 
     Sunday I spent the day visiting friends in other shops and I had a great time, but I feel like the weekend was very full and I didn't get a whole lot done. I need to see if I can adjust my attitude so I feel that visiting is just as important as work. Because visiting can actually be so much more important than work. 
     Speaking of work, my job is so very busy these days. In a different way than last year. Last year I was tied to a desk trying to plan out four different subjects and get all the accompanying teacher stuff done. This year I am super busy working with the kids constantly. The job is highly active, which I love so much. I go between moving around a lot to thinking a lot. I am teaching in the way that I always taught Travis. And I feel useful again as a para, which is something I have not felt much in the last 4 years. I am still working on having a good balance of work at school, doll work, house work, Travis things, life things, and doing nothing. I am not there yet. Which is why I am writing a post about my weekend on Thursday morning. But I made it! I need to leave for work within the next 3 minutes, but I made it!


ELauer said...

Your giant PAF is actually Marx's Thundercolt from the Johnny West Series and it didn't dawn on me until I saw your post that it DOES look like a giant PAF! : )
Thundercolt: The Western Range Colt by Marx was produced in both bay and palomino and I'm not positive but I think the mfg dates are somewhere around 1966-1970. He's a cutie and I'd love to get my hands on a bay to go with my twin palominos. P.S. The palomino behind him in your photo is Pancho the pony for the Johnny West kids.

timaru star ii said...

Congratulations on even getting close to achieving your goals in various balancings. That is really something.

Yes, your foal is a Marx Johnny West, as E has said above. I played with those as a kid. It's my belief they were based on (we won't say stolen from) the same Hagen Renaker molds that Breyer's Proud Arab Foal was based on. That would explain the similarity.

Lynn Isenbarger said...

That's a Marx Thunderbolt from the Johnny West series. Behind him you can see Pancho, another from that series.

Lynn Isenbarger said...

ThunderCOLT. :)