Saturday, February 18, 2023

All Kinds of Art

     There is an endless variety of art in the world. And there are endless varieties of artists. Part of my job at school these days is to make art. Some of the pieces we are working on are longer term projects. This picture is the first stage of a multi-media project we are working on. The below picture is one I helped one of our kids do. 
     The next stage was to crumple, smooth out, crumple, and smooth out brown paper, over and over. This was surprisingly therapeutic and all of the adults in the room really enjoyed it. The goal was to crumple it over and over enough that it was soft. Then, ovals and lines were added in brown marker, since we were going to turn it into trees. I don't have a picture of the owls that were added, but there were also owls. And googly eyes!
     Since Valentine's day was this week, we were also working on Valentine's themed art. This was also a lesson on symmetry. We only put paint on one side of the paper, then folded. I love the way the paint dripped in the center. The dots above the heart were accidental, since the paint was very thin and kind of messy. 
    Another project we did, were these pictures that got sent home to parents. I also sent this photo to my husband. The kids needed to rip the tissue paper into pieces and then glue it onto the heart shape. This project was pretty fun to do. 
    I am on vacation this coming week and I definitely need it. I have been super tired lately. Maybe that means the seasons are changing early, but I have no idea really. I am definitely still loving my job these days. Not only do I get to help kids learn, but I get to do art, dance, and I randomly sing. A lot. Sometimes in the middle of the cafeteria. It's so loud in there I don't think anyone can hear me, but I get to do it. And I sing in music, randomly throughout the day, it's a good time. But I am also really ready for a break. I have all these grand plans of getting things done this week. That's funny, isn't it?
    I know I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago, but my order books are officially closed. Part of my tiredness is the stress of custom orders. I know that most people say they don't have a specific date they need the doll by (usually) and I should take my time, but people who know me, or are regular readers, know that I can't have an order hanging around for long. It starts to feel like it's looming over me and I feel like I am slacking on things. So my solution for that currently is no more custom orders. It's possible I will offer some doll slots sometime in the future, and if I do, you will hear about them here. I will still make dolls, just whatever I feel like making, when I feel like making them. And as always, they will be showcased and offered here first. I will also have them at my live sales. The next live sale is going to be somewhere around my birthday (the end of March) and I will have the dolls that have not been previously snapped up as well as a bunch of stuff from my personal collection. At least this time around. I have decided to scale way back on what I have. I want to have a lot less stuff. So likely there will be horses, OF, CM, likely ARs. There will most likely be traditional scale horses, minis, and micros (some painted and a lot of unpainted). I will have tack, dolls (new and potentially from my personal collection), props and who knows what else. I am thinking of possibly offering some performance sets, which would include the tack and doll, as well as any accessories that might go with it. I will potentially have things from my 1:9 scale dollhouse collection as well. I may start to list some batches of things ahead of time, just because I am likely letting go of a whole lot, but I haven't settled on anything for sure yet. Other than I will be having a live sale. Well, semi-live. Likely I will also miss some things that I mean to put in the sale and I will have to offer them later. There are things just everywhere!


No comments: