Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Things I Didn’t Know

     I was previously unaware that yard work is an excellent way to battle frustration. And the use of "power tools" definitely helps with frustration! As you know, if you have read many of the last handful of blog posts I have put up, I have been fighting with the insurance company on Travis's behalf. He needed a particular type to attend his program, they were not letting me fix it, for whatever reason, and yesterday I got a phone call saying that Travis might not be able to attend his program if I could not get the insurance fixed. This has been about a 6 week battle including a pile of paperwork, hours and hours on the phone trying to sort this out, a lot of lost sleep, a lot of lost work time, and a ridiculous amount of frustration. 
     And I did not know that mowing the lawn and weed whacking were a great way to vent frustration. Live and learn I guess. I also didn't know if you manage to luck out and get not one, not two, but three pleasant agents on the phone, and are also persistent, you can fix the insurance in a little over an hour. I am not sure why I had to fill out hundreds of pages (collectively) of paperwork and spend so many hours on the phone when today everything went well. But now I know, do the application over the phone, with a human being. And mow the lawn when you're frustrated. 
    Between extreme exhaustion, frustration, paperwork, phone calls, and I am sure something else, I have gotten almost no doll work done this week. Which is a little bit scary because I need to keep functioning. I have only one more day of summer school to go, and it is only a few hours, but then I just have 3 weeks until school starts up again. So I have only a few more weeks of maximum time to get as much done as I can before it is back to work full time. I definitely need to start getting more done. But at least I have done a bit of doll work. And it is only Wednesday. I do still have some days left in the week to try to get more done. I have a purple western pleasure doll in the works, who I can probably get finished in a pretty short amount of time. Just as soon as I actually settle down to get some work done. 
     My Breyerfest volunteer model also arrived today. It is quite a pretty model (and I do have lots more photos) but I am not an OF collector and I don't need to keep this horse. I have him currently listed for sale on the Rare Model Horses page on Facebook, but will sell him here as well. I have him listed at $1000 ppd in the US, but will also consider reasonable PIF offers on him. Email me at fieldofdolls@gmail.com if you are interested, or if you want to see a whole bunch more photos. 
     I am sure I need a little bit more time for the idea that I am done with the long insurance battle to sink in. Travis gets to stay at Sunshine Village, I get to keep my job at the school, Travis is not stuck home with me all day, I am not stuck home with me all day. It's a good day. I also got the ball rolling on a couple of the other things I needed to get done for Travis that were being held up by the lack of the correct insurance. It's a good day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you got that sorted out! I have also found that doing yardwork is a great way to deal with frustration - maybe it's because it's so methodical? Btw I LOVE the skeleton lawn flamingos!

timaru star ii said...

Congratulations! I do believe big news takes a while to sink in. I'm sure this good stuff will eventually 'stick.' Meanwhile, yes, of course, yard work is a great way to deal with all kinds of mental stress. I can't claim it's the original way, but it's up there.