Saturday, June 18, 2022

Little Yvonne

      There are times when I am really efficient getting things done. Then there are times when it takes me over a week to put tack on a horse so I can get some photos. I have now had 2 full days off since school ended and somehow I still could not find the time to get tack on a horse. Maybe I just didn't want to put tack on a horse, I don't know. Last night I finally put Astrid on the table so I would have a clear HINT that I needed to do something today. It finally worked. 
    This is the new little Yvonne doll, all dressed up for western. I am sure the first question everyone will ask is what size my tack is. No, it is not traditional scale, or classic scale. It was specifically made to fit a stone pony. At least that was how it was listed when I bought it. It it does fit my Stone pony perfectly. It also happens to fit Astrid quite well. I wish I could remember who made it. I bought it on Model Horse Place... and that is everything I remember about it. 
     Anyway, little Yvonne seems to be the perfect size for Astrid, as I mentioned when I made my English version. This is not a youth doll, just a small adult. I do have some plans to turn a little Yvonne into a youth doll, maybe this coming week. Maybe not, we'll have to see how that all plays out. 
     Astrid needs a different bridle I think. This one is not a perfect fit, though it's not bad. But if you are going to do a thing, you might as well do it right. Which means if I ever decide I want to show Astrid in performance, which I think she would be pretty excellent for, I need to make her her own bridle. I'll add that to the list of things I need to work on, lol. 
     This little Yvonne doll is for sale, $230 plus shipping. As mentioned, she is a great size for Astrid, the Stone pony (I know, you all are still waiting for photos of little Yvonne on the Stone pony, maybe that will happen next week). Hopefully soon I can also share some more new dolls. And maybe miniatures. Let's all be surprised about that together. 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

This makes me even more eager to get my hands on my own copy of Astrid: Rapunzel!