Friday, June 30, 2023

It’s Nice To Be Right

     It's nice to be right. I always figured that if I had a dedicated studio space I would be able to be more productive. Or it would be easier to be more productive, which is sort of the same thing. And I was right. The other day I decided I was going to put some bendy necks onto some bodies that have been prepped for weeks. And I was going to paint some faces and then why not also paint the gloves? I have always painted the gloves off of the dolls for some reason. But I wasn't actually planning on finishing the dolls when I started the painting parts, so there wasn't any reason that I could see that I shouldn't paint the gloves right on the dolls. So I did. 
    Then I got wildly out of control and I pulled out the fabric I needed to make the 2 hunt seat outfits for the dolls I was working on. And the craziness continued when I took the cover off the sewing machine and got the sewing done. It really was super convenient and easy. I had everything I needed right there, it was all easy to get to, and I got a lot of work done in a relatively short amount of time. Then, I pulled out all of my merit awards that I found when I started poking through the boxes in my workshop and I got those hung up. Because I can. And I earned them. 
     So the doll work happened on Wednesday and I totally meant to finish the dolls on Thursday, but I signed up for the Breyerfest virtual 5K, like an idiot, and figured I should take my horribly sore body out to the woods to at least hike. So I did. And I did run a small bit, but mostly just to more easily get up some of the steeper hills. I enjoyed my hike... and that was the end of the good part of the day up until late in the evening. 
      When I got back from my hike I had to start adulting, hardcore. I had to deal with the health insurance, then I had a phone appointment with social security for Travis, which turned into we had to go into the office, and in total I spent over 2 hours with dealing with social security. Then we had to go and get Elecktra and bring her to pick up her glasses, which is not close, so that was another big chunk of time. At the end of it I was super sick of sitting, driving, and adulting. So I read a book and a friend came to visit for a bit. So I had a good start and a good end to the day, but no doll work. But there is no reason I can't just pop in the studio whenever I feel like it, and get a bit more done. I might just do that after I wash the dishes. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you now have a dedicated studio/happy place that you can look forward to 'escaping' to leave the world behind sometimes. Sorta of an oasis. Like the woods, church, or the gardens. We should have more oasis' in our lives so we can retreat to. 😊