Monday, July 8, 2024

Even More Dolls!

     People like posts with photos, and this one definitely has them. Some of them are weird because they are my packing photos. This one is when I actually started to pack for the trip to Kentucky. I had not gotten very far, quite a lot of the packing needs to get done today after laundry gets finished. But this is a carry on bag stuffed full of sales stuff (still weighs less than 15 pounds) and the prize wheel and prizes in the checked bag. I spent part of this morning trying to figure out how to pay for a checked bag online. Apparently you can pay during check in. And I can check in for my flight in about a minute. Even though it doesn't leave until tomorrow and we are not actually at the airport. Clearly, I have not flown in a very long time. 
     Saturday was all about show prep. I have not had to write a show tag in many, many years. Region X has our tag system, so once I make a tag for a horse it's good for forever. But I am showing, in halter no less, in two shows in Kentucky. So I had to make my tags for Resin Renaissance, and totally different tags for Equilocity. And I am showing dolls (of course) in the Equilocity show and those tags were interesting to write out. I was very sick of show prep by the time I was done, but I got it done. And all my horses, and the random tack and props I am showing, are in a shoe box that will be in Travis's carry on bag. Almost all of my sales stuff is in my carry on bag. If the airline is going to lose something (please don't) it will be our clothes. Though I am smart and we will have at least some in carry on. 
     I have my to-do list for today, which includes mowing my lawn and finishing this shoe project. I love these shoes because they are red. I hate these shoes because they have no bling. So I am working on adding it. Hotfix is something that is new to me (started with it yesterday) but it's pretty cool. I don't love gold (though I really do love these shoes!) so I am adding crystals across the gold striping. Because sparkles will make me like these shoes even more, and I can cover a lot of the gold. Win-win.
     I also have random things I need to do today. Like mow the lawn, go to the bank, go and do a last minute errand because I forgot to pick up a couple of things that are actually pretty important. And laundry, I have a couple of loads of laundry to do. 
     In the subject of this post I promised even more dolls. And here they are! I made a bunch of dolls specifically to show in Equilocity. I do own some dolls already, but I didn't have a doll for every class, and when you get a place to show off your work you do your best to show off your work! I will have this fancy western pleasure doll available. She is super blingy in person and this photo is garbage. 
No on should be surprised that this cross country rider is pink. 
Same with this dressage rider...
And this saddle seat rider. 
I wanted someone a bit different for my jumper doll. Teal is different enough, and cool. 
And I will have this gaming rider. 

     All of my dolls, 33 of them not including these 6, will be available in Kentucky. I also have doll accessories and some mystery boxes. Plus the prizes I mentioned in my last post. Me and the dolls can be found in either room 612 or 620 at the CHIN. If we are not there, and you want to meet up, send me a message on Instagram or Facebook (Field of Dolls, I am not hard to find) and we can figure out where to meet. For everyone going, see you soon!

No comments: