Friday, July 12, 2024

Horsefest Day 4

      Today was the first day of Breyerfest! I had no desire to go out to the park and wait in a mile long line at early o'clock in the morning, so Travis and I slept a bit later and then headed to the park around 10:00. And guess what?
    There was a line. A long one. The good news is that it moved pretty quickly. And there were bits of shade, which also helped quite a lot. But yeah, we didn't beat the line. The scanning worked quickly for entry, the wifi kept working, and there were a bunch of people doing the scanning. I was not displeased with it. Especially since I remembered to bring my printed paper tickets to Kentucky, but forgot to bring them with me to the horse park. 
So we got into Breyerfest, for the very first time for us, and it was pretty cool 
Definitely at Breyerfest. 
    Almost immediately my feet started to hurt. A lot. And my legs hurt. Also kind of a lot. My lower back was pretty angry too. I have been fighting the injuries and issues for months, but I have done a lot of walking since Tuesday. I am tired. So we walked around a bit, I couldn't figure out where things were, even though I had seen maps (and there is a map in the app) so I decided walking slower would be nice. So we decided to wait in the Special Run pickup line. Guess what? It was also long. I posted this photo on Facebook since I have heard people say they miss the special run lines. Yes, your models are preselected and you only have to pick them up, and yes, you can pick them up any time you want during the weekend, but I was hurting so much I was not actually enjoying the horse park so I decided to get ALL the model pickup out of the way. The all access line actually moved pretty fast.
    The end of the special run line dumped us out right in front of the event model pickup lines. So I got in that line to get our wristbands and event models. I decided to open up my surprise while we waited. And look at that, the decorator. I NEVER had that kind of luck when I was at home!
    After we got the models we went to the gift shop at the Kentucky museum of the horse and went to drop off models in the car and have lunch. We also reapplied the sunblock. I figured out where to pick up my volunteer models and then we decided to leave. I did see a few people I know, and stopped to chat a bit here and there, but mostly I was not enjoying my time in the park. We didn't do much there. Maybe Sunday, or tomorrow if Equilocity doesn't run long. Mostly I just want to show my dolls. I am hoping whenever we get back to the park we can have a better time. 
    It's Friday, and that means Travis and I had a coffee date. So we went to Barnes and Noble and got our coffee.
     He does not look pleased with his book selection, but I assure you that he loves the book. And it is beautiful. It was interesting to see him switch things up a bit. But we are not in our usual Barnes and Noble. 
     We needed more bread and carrots (essentials) so we went back to Target. And that is when I discovered they have bourbon in Target. I was amused. I also found that Angel's Envy, which is one of my favorite bourbons, is $30 cheaper here. Actually, most things are cheaper here. Not gas though, that is a bit more expensive. 
      This week Travis and I have eaten a lot of sort of convenience foods. Cheese and pepperoni, carrots, yogurt, sandwiches, chips. I decided we needed to go out and get real food. So we had a dinner date at Malone's. I highly recommend that place! We ate a lot of salad, and I was so happy to eat vegetables. 
    I also had a billionaire's coffee. Which has bourbon and Kahlua in it. It was quite tasty. 
      And the rest of the food was quite good too. It was so nice to have a real meal. I don't love to cook but I kind of am looking forward to getting home just so I can eat real things. That come out of the oven. Not that I am eager to get home, I am enjoying the trip for the most part. 
     After we got back from dinner we stopped by the Stone Store and Mojo Dojo Casa Horse. I got a picture of Tiny Kylee in the pink jumpsuit I made for her. I did also do a bit of shopping. 
     After Mojo Dojo we went over to the Clarion to go to the artisan's gallery. I got to see a whole lot of people I have either not seen in a very long time or who I have never met in person. Franceyn Dare had this lovely little horse on her table, that I kind of need because he matches my hair. Even though my hair is super faded, it is the same colors! So I am considering that I may *need* this horse. We are twins after all. 
     On the way out of the Clarion we stopped on the sidewalk so I could text someone. One of the people who direct everyone to the shuttles asked if we were trying to take the shuttle to the horse park. I said no, I am just trying not to get run over by texting and walking through a parking lot. We ended up chatting for a few minutes, I saw she had friendship bracelets, so I gave her one of mine. She said if she sees me next year she will give it back and it will have been at Breyerfest and Burning Man. Somehow it came up that I was from Massachusetts and she said she is originally from Worcester and I believe her because she pronounced it correctly! Honestly, I had more fun doing horsefest things outside of the horse park than in it. 
      For my special run models I got This is My Fight Song with the tail variation where he doesn't need a stand. I really don't have this kind of luck at home. 
I got I will Survive
Fighter and Survivor
      And I also picked up my volunteer models. I got the liver chestnut, who is for sale. $600 and if you are in Kentucky I will gladly deliver. Or I will ship her, whatever you want. 
My other volunteer model is the third variation (Breyerfest only) and she is $700. 
As I mentioned, I pulled the green Emerson $600.
     We will be in Kentucky until Tuesday, tomorrow (Saturday) night we will be hanging out in room 647, though I don't know exactly what time just yet. Let me know if you want any of the models I have for sale. Or stop by and get some dolls, miniatures, or spin the prize wheel! I have so many prizes to give away!

2 comments:

Cathy St.Onge said...

I’m totally enabling you but: get the mini horse. You need the mini horse. Glad you’re having a good time. I’m counting your blog posts as travel!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's some crazy luck congrats! I'm also enjoying the bourbon blogging, what a treat.