Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Give Me a “T”

In honor of Karen Crossley, a Canadian hobbyist and active blogger who passed away in 2020. Lynn Isenbarger, Jennifer Buxton, and I are finishing Karen's alphabetical tour of her collection. Today's letter is T. 

     This is not the first time I have talked about Time Lord. When I bought Time Lord, a bunch of years ago, he was the most expensive resin I had ever purchased. But I love this model. I had him for a year or so, and had him repainted by Liesl Dalpe. He then went from a model that I really liked the mold of, to a model that I loved everything about. In my opinion, a nice dark bay is the best horse color. 
     In 2018 I sold Time Lord, and a lot of other things. It was a little hard, but he went to my friend Iva, and I knew he would have a good home. Somehow it's easier to let go of your favorites if you know they will go to someone who appreciates them. In 2020 I was thinking about him, missing him, and I contacted Iva to see if she still had him and would sell him back to me. She did and she did. 
    Time Lord came home and I decided to put him to work. He got nice outdoor halter photos, but the portrait feature on my iPhone doesn't always blur evenly, so people thought I used photoshop. Since I had my new arena, with my new lights, I got him a nice indoor halter photo. And I actually like it a lot. 
     I had always wanted to use an Indian Silver in performance, I have seen it done a few times, and he seemed perfect for the Mares in Black Spooktacular 2 show. It was a traditional class list with a spooky twist, so I made all of my performance photos to match the spooky theme. 
    And while I do think these work nicely as regular performance show photos, they aren't quite traditional. Though I do think they are fun. 

      Recently, I got a beautiful Arabian tack set from my friend Terri Wright. I still have not gotten really nice photos of the set, or made the matching doll, but I am still enjoying it quite a bit. And I am enjoying Time Lord. He was a model I wanted for a long time, found, bought, upgraded, sold, and repurchased. During my current purging I have considered selling him, again, but he is still here, hanging out and looking pretty. And he makes me happy. He also reminds me of several friends when I look at him. He has a lot of connections for me. Now maybe eventually I need to add a traditional scale Scarlett to my collection. She is another one I have been after for years. We'll see. 

No comments: