Thursday, March 2, 2023

Someone A Little Different

      So a while back, when I discovered that Classic TV Toys has the small, 6" Yvonne-type dolls, I discovered they also have this smaller scale male rider doll. And I was intrigued. Not every person is exactly the same size or shape after all, so options are always nice. I picked up one of these guys to see what I could do with him. And then he sat in my doll drawer for a long time until I got around to getting started on him. When I got started on him I ripped a seam out of the first shirt I made for him. So he got put aside for a bit longer. But finally, he's finished. 
     So this male rider doll is smaller than the average traditional scale rider. But I am sure he is too large to be classic scale. Unless you have a huge classic scale model. Or freedom scale, whatever Breyer is calling it these days. I would say this doll would be great for those small traditional models, as a young teen, or just a small adult. Honestly, not all people are super tall. I included a ruler so you could see how tall he is, how long his legs are, etc. He fits nicely in my western saddle that was made to fit a Stone Pony. 
     And he is versatile. Not only can this guy do regular ranch work, or just hang out around the barn, he also has removable cutting chaps so he can do working classes. 
     I slimmed down the body a little bit, because that beefy guy body is pretty beefy. Not everyone is super tall and not every guy is a body builder after all. He's still not super slim, I don't have a great option for a male doll like that unless I really alter an Yvonne type doll to be a guy. Which does work if you are careful. 
     But for someone a bit different, this guy might be just what you are looking for. Not too tall or too small. Casual, working, if it's western, he can do it. 
     I think the head could pass for an adult or a teen. It's sold as a "teen" head, but I also work in a middle school, and I would say this guy for sure could pass for a teen. Probably not younger because of how buff he is, lol, but a teen. 
    Hat and chaps are both removable, as you can see, so he is ready to come and work for you. This guy is available for $260 plus shipping. I am not planning on listing him anywhere else at the moment so if he doesn't sell now he will be available at my live sale at the end of March. I am also going to be offering a variety of things from my personal collection. I have the micros already listed here. There may be some other micros I decide to let go of. I am hoping to get photos of minis soon and get those listed next. I don't have a ton, but some, OF, CM, and ARs. 
    As a reminder, my order books are currently closed so if you want a doll from me it has to be one I decide to make. I have two more in the works at the moment, another casual western lady and a western pleasure lady. I'm not sure what I will make after that. One thing at a time. 

 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

There is a smaller Trad class of horses which I think would go splendidly with your Little Diff. I think the Artist Series of the mid-80s was the start: Sham, Roxana. Today there's Nikolas. We're fortunate there's a spectrum, from Harley D on down to the QH Yearling . And that's just Breyers; the resincasts have many more, like Kilbourn's Maxixe Criollo. For tack purposes I like to think of them as the one-tenths, 1:10 scale.