Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Casual Western

      There is motivation around us. We just have to look for it. Today, while I was walking around the school with one of my coworkers and one of our kids, I saw this sign in the hallway and I love it. There have definitely been times in my life where I have felt I was limited by circumstances. Which might be a bit true, but the reality is, I am my own limit. And I am going to just keep that in mind. And I will keep taking photos of motivational signs when I see them and reminding myself that I can do amazing things, as long as I believe I can and work hard enough. 
      OK, speech over, back to dolls. I had to go to the car dealership, again, so I could get my inspection done. The other day when they had my car all day, to repair all the things that needed doing so it could pass inspection, the machine was down. And I was annoyed. Because I was there on Monday for an oil change and to get the inspection done, then they had it all day Friday to repair the things... and didn't get the inspection done. So I tried again today. And it finally worked. I am about over spending time in the dealership. Though I have gotten a lot of reading done. At least there is that. 
     When I got back I had a bit of time to work on dolls so I decided I would see if I could finish up the casual western doll that I started last week. I didn't have a lot left to do, so it all worked out. 
     This lady has really pretty light brown/chestnut hair in a long braid. As you can see, her head is fully haired so she can go hatless, but she does also come with a removable hat. 
           A casual western doll like this lady is great for so many things. She can be in western games, casual western things like trail riding, just hanging around the barn. I could also make her working chaps or chinks (in the color of your choice) so she could go in cattle classes and other events. 
     If you are interested in this lady she is $220 plus shipping (she is sold). I can make chaps or chinks for $40 more. If you are interested, please send me an email to fieldofdolls@gmail.com. Currently I will not be listing her anywhere but here on the blog. I am still hoping to have a live sale with the dolls I have available and a variety of things from my personal collection. Soonish. But when exactly is still up in the air. 

No comments: