Saturday, April 8, 2023

This Week…

     This week I am feeling somewhat accomplished. I have been a bit of a slacker in the doll department, but I have done really well this week. Part of my slacker ways was completely by design. Last week was my birthday week, and I didn't want to work constantly. I wanted to *gasp* do things for me. I did OK at that, I did finish one dressage doll on Monday, but that was it. 
     This week I finished the tattooed doll and then got into several other dolls. One of them is this casual lady. Anyone who likes can imagine she has tattoos, or not, but she does not. She is just a nice, casually dressed hunt seat rider with really cool breeches. 
     She also ended up with some of the longest hair I have ever managed! I am really pleased with how this lady came out. She has a pleasant face, which is a different head sculpt. Not all of our dolls have to be exactly the same anymore!
     I also managed to finish this hunt seat doll. She was one of those dolls that felt like she was never going to be done. Every time I thought about what I needed to do to finish her, I realized that there were still a bunch of different details that I had to do. There are dolls like that. This was one of them, even though hunt seat dolls are not the most complex dolls that I make. 
      I was almost done with this doll, just had to make her gloves, and I left her so I could go and play in the park. We had yesterday off of school, so I took some time to myself *gasp*! I went to the park and ran, stretched, ran, and then I went for a hike. I made some dog friends, they snotted and slobbered all over my sleeve. I had to tell them, repeatedly, to stay down, their person wasn't good at that. But I haven't had dog slobber in a long time and I didn't really mind. It was also a really fun time to be out in the woods. I am loving it more and more. I am going to make a point of going out to run or hike a lot more. It makes me happy. I have also been feeling really twitchy and weird if I am inside and sitting still. I just want to be outside, or moving, or better yet, outside and moving. It feels like cabin fever, which is a bit weird because I have been getting outside a lot. But the more I go outside, the more I want to go outside.
      Both of these dolls are available; the casual lady is sold and the hunt seat doll is $240 plus shipping. The hunt seat doll has a bendy neck so she can do over fences or flat work. If you would like one or the other (or both) send me an email to fieldofdolls@gmail.com. The dressage doll from last week and the tattoo doll from early this week are also still available. I have other dolls ready to go as well, but am not currently positive which ones unless I go and check (which I don't want to do right now). As with the last bunch of dolls, I am not going to advertise these anywhere else for now. If they don't sell now they will be available at my live sale which I am tentatively planning to have at the end of this month. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

I can't help but like that 'really cool britches' doll.