Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Hunt Seat

      Have you ever been into a project, where you were sure you checked that you had everything the way you needed to, and then discovered that you were wrong and you made a huge mistake? That happened to me with this doll. For years, I had black molded hands that I was using for gloves. And then, I ran out. So now I am back to painting them. When I went to paint these hands I was sure that the two I grabbed were a proper set. But I was actually wrong about that. I had accidentally grabbed, and painted, 2 right hands. Grr. So I grabbed two left hands and painted those, but the result was I did not have any light left when I was done. So I got some pictures this afternoon. It is nice out. Like, super nice out. And I am enjoying the weather quite a lot. I am hoping I can get out and do some running today. That would be nice. 
     This lady has some lovely red hair, the same shade as the casual doll from earlier this week. 
     I really like how this doll turned out, and with her black coat, she will look good with any color horse. 
      This lady has a bendy neck, so she is great for over fences as well as flat work. She is $240 plus shipping (she is sold). If you are interested please email me at fieldofdolls@gmail.com. As always, I will not be advertising her outside of the blog for now. If she does not sell right away she will be at my next live sale, which I am tentatively going to hold at the end of April. 

      In case anyone is interested, I stopped writing this post in the middle and I did go out for a run. Today I discovered that if I park at the high school, near the track, run across the parking lot to the old elementary school, through woods to the middle school (where I work now), loop around the school and run back to my car back at the high school, it is just over 1 mile. And I wasn't bored at all. Sometimes it's not a bad thing when the track is too full of people to use. 

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

Ever so slightly jealous (I meant to run this morning too), but I did manage an hour's walk with my husband today, which should count. Isn't this wonderful weather? Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!