Sunday, April 16, 2023

Customer Photos- Christy Greene

     I love clever model horse photos that make people wonder if they are real horses or not. Even if you can tell after more than just a glance, I still love them. I love when people can make dolls look like people and not like dolls. I love when the scene comes together in a pleasing way. Today we have a series of photos from Christy Greene. First up is one of my personal favorite angles for non-show, just for fun, model horse photography. If you can't see a doll's face it is definitely harder to tell it's a doll. The 3/4 back shot can be one of the most realistic. 
     Youth dolls are definitely tricky dolls to use and to photograph in a "wow, I thought that was real!" kind of way. But I do love how this girl and her pony look so comfortable together. Whether just out for a ride...
or doing some work in the arena. These photos make me happy. 

      This western side saddle doll was one of the last commissions I did. I had made a western pleasure doll with the same colors and similar design, and Christy asked if I could make her a western side saddle doll like it. So I did. And I love how it came together. I love how the doll looks with the horse. They are very complimentary to each other. 
     I especially like this photo! It is very well done. The doll looks comfortable, the horse looks responsive, and everything came together in a way that is really pleasing to look at. 
     Thank you Christy for sending me these photos, they made my day! If anyone else has photos with dolls I have made, either from photo shoots like this, or live shows, I would love to feature them. After all, we all love looking at model horse photos or likely, you would not read my blog. The bits of my life that I share are just not that interesting, lol. 

No comments: