Tuesday, November 17, 2020

     In Saturday's mail I got some miniature coffees I ordered. I didn't have an exact idea of what I wanted these for when I bought them. Maybe they will be prizes for the Spring show. Maybe they will be trivia prizes for my live sales. I think I will offer them for sale during my Black Friday sale. Though the first thing I did was sort them by color and line them all up. It was kind of fun. So clearly I will have coffee cups in a couple varieties, and many colors, at my sale. 
        I had a mostly lazy day and spent a lot of time watching Young Sheldon. I get a kick out of that show. I also was taking everyone's advice and trying for some self care. In my life currently, that means not working every single day, at least not all day. So Saturday I did no doll work of any kind and I spent a lot of time with Travis. Sunday I watched a lot of TV and did some cleaning. I did also manage to get some sewing done. And it made me happy. 

      I started on Mares in Black #56 while I was drying my hair. I think if I had waited it would have been exactly long enough to get these saddle pads all sewn. I have been really enjoying the performance series, because performance showing is the best. This time around it was Jackie's interview with Sara Bowman. I was super touched to hear her say that I am one of the showers she aspires to be like. How can that be a thing? Sara is an amazing performance shower who very clearly knows what she is doing. Maybe she just means showing forever, lol. But of all the amazing performance showers she lumped me in with Erin Corbett and Tiffany Purdy. And now I want to show against all of them. I guess I need to start practicing at home. 

     I did not overwork myself this weekend and it was definitely nice. I finished the cross country kits and saddle pads and I got them packaged up. I have 17 saddle pads and only 7 cross country kits. But that is likely all I am making this time around. This week I need to try to work on saddlebags. I only have 6 in the works and that may be my limit. I still have a lot of dolls I need to get finished before my Black Friday sale and I am running out of time! So really fast, important dates:

Entry and photo uploading for the Field of Dolls Online show closes this Friday November 20th. Basically you can upload until sometime on Saturday morning when I get up and change the SmugMug password. 

The Field of Dolls Studio Black Friday sale will be on November 27 at 2:30pm EST. on my studio Facebook page. 

Live result for the Field of Dolls online show will be on December 5th, not sure of the time yet (likely somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00) more info to come!

1 comment:

timaru star ii said...

So glad you're happy. I wish I was up to date on MIB. At the moment I'm on episode 38. May change this soon, and have two times I'm up to date on.