Thursday, July 21, 2022

A Couple of Cowgirls

     I finished these dolls a couple of weeks ago and have just not managed to post about them until now. They were both done on the Lena doll body, from KC's Galloping Gals, and both ended up wearing shades of pink. I realized that after they were finished. But what can I say, pink is an excellent color! And I also know that not everyone agrees. I don't know what it is, but so many people have really strong feelings about the color pink. Either they love it or hate it. Not sure why that it. Clearly, I am a lover of the color pink!
     These two ladies also have removable hats and fully haired heads. I really love them. Not that I need two more casual dolls for my collection. Especially when I am not actually using any of my performance or 1:9 scale dollhouse stuff at the moment. Though I will admit to having bought a new tack set just after the end of Breyerfest. It is coming from Russia so I know very well it could be several weeks to several months before it arrives. I don't even know if I actually have a horse it will fit on. But it is beautiful, and while I don't need it at all, I liked it enough to buy it. 
     
    Something amazing happened this week. All of a sudden a lot of my meh feeling about everything went away. I was no longer having to fight myself to get anything done. It really is such a switch to how I have been feeling for a couple of months (maybe longer? Maybe shorter?). Instead of feeling like there are weights on me every time I try to pick things up to work on them I am all of a sudden interested in working on things. Sure, it is still a bit hard to make myself sew, but that is such a process to get set up and ready. But work has been happening. Not a lot of blogging has been happening, other than my weird Breyerfest posts, but work has been happening. I have still been slacking off on taking photos so I don't have anything ready to put in a post. But I do promise, posts are coming. They will even be about dolls. 

 

No comments: