Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Breyerfest Loot

     I have not been very into the hobby lately, as I mentioned many times. I virtually attended Breyerfest, but I didn't really participate all that much. Still, what is Breyerfest without a bit of shopping and loot photos? My Nikolas arrived last week and I got a quick and horrible photo for a friend of mine. 
     Then today my purchases from Breyer arrived.  I only made one purchase, instead of multiples, and some of that was because I don't really want the hassle of working on reselling things. Yes, I am one of those terrible people who tries to recoup some costs by selling items. This was my box of purchased stuff. 
     This was my loot all spread out, before I opened the surprise special run to see what I got or the Rhenish draft to see if he was matte or glossy. 
      He's matte. And very pretty, but still huge. I am sure I could come up with some clever performance entries for him, but he would definitely need a whole lot of everything made just for him. I am not in that place so he is for sale. 
     So then I opened up my surprise horse. For years of feeling up blind bag models I was sure it was one of the Rotating Draft Surprise models. Not that that narrowed it down all that much! I was a little bit bummed that it was not Rapunzel. I very likely would have kept her. But I got this Wedgewood blue paint draft horse. He is HUGE and a decorator, so definitely not my thing. He is also for sale. 
     I bought myself a Strudel, because he's so stinking cute, but I am not sure what to do with him now. I have Pal's Palette, the plush from last year, on my dashboard (I think Kimber, who does the live feed for virtual Breyerfest, said she has a plush on her dashboard, and that is where I got the idea). But Strudel is definitely a sitter. And I don't think he will fit on my dashboard. Plus, if I start a collection of stuffed things on the dashboard of my car, someone is likely to eventually give me crap about it. Potentially a cop. So I am not currently sure what the fate of my Strudel is. So he is still in his plastic. 
    Lorelei is the crystal horse for this year. I sold all but one of my other crystal horses earlier this year so kind of didn't think I would keep her. But I was talking to my friend Marisa the other day about Breyerfest and Breyerfest loot. She pointed out that I HAD to keep her because she's a PAM (I do love PAM!). And I was still not sure. But then I took her out of her box, to make sure she wasn't broken... and she is now on the shelf.
     The last piece of Breyer Breyerfest loot is the Best of Breyerfest stablemate set. This was one of those things I bought because shipping was expensive and I really wanted to make it worth my while. I am likely not keeping this set and very well might break them up. I did also buy a non-Breyerfest shopping tote (because I have a vast collection of reusable shopping bags) and a non-Breyerfest Friesian horse T-shirt. 
     I do have a couple of pieces coming from artists, one was from a post-breyerfest sale (I think?) and one was some tack I saw and really liked. I will share those things when they arrive. 

1 comment:

Gretchen H said...

Liz Corey sent me a Nikolas this week...I ❤️ him!