Friday, July 8, 2022

Another Youth

      I had a good first week of summer school. I definitely got to learn a lot of new things, am working on getting to know my new student, and in general got into the groove of things. Maybe it is because I have already worked in a somewhat similar program, am not the only one learning things, and in some cases I am the only one in the room who has experience with certain specific things. It has definitely been an interesting experience so far. And really, I only have 3 weeks left. 
      Summer school days are definitely a different vibe from a regular school year day. Maybe because they are only half as long. Maybe because I am doing something very different. Maybe because it's summer and things are much less intense in education in the summer. I don't know. But last summer I enjoyed the time I spent in the program. This year I am also enjoying things. Even though it has only been a few days. I also have extra time to work on dolls. 
      Recently I completed this little youth doll. She is done on the small Yvonne doll body (slightly modified), with a different head. As soon as I finished her, took photos and sent them to the customer, I realized she had the wrong color hair!

    When you ask for your doll to have red hair, your doll should not have blond hair, lol. So I immediately sent a follow up message saying that I realized I did the wrong color and was working on a new head with the correct hair color. 
     She does look really good with red hair. 
       I managed to get a decent amount of doll work done this week. I wanted to finish one more doll, and I did come close, but I didn't quite make it. I am pretty much trying to stick to only working on dolls a few days a week. Working all the time is a bad idea. Summer school is a slower work pace and doll work should not expand to fill ALL the rest of the time I have. I need to do things I enjoy (whatever those things might be, lol!) and I need to do some relaxing things. I am not doing too badly on balancing. And I am so much more relaxed than I was when I was teaching!

 

2 comments:

Adah R. (Spotted Dreams Studio) said...

Good for you!!

timaru star ii said...

Yes, good for you! Keep up the good work. Slowing down is absolutely essential in certain places.