Saturday, July 16, 2022

On the Second Day of Breyerfest

     On the second day of Breyerfest I was unmotivated to do things. Again. I know, we're all shocked, lol. I did manage to catch the live feed when it started up. I also split out my screen (a trick I learned during remote learning!) so I could shop and watch at the same time. I was still not totally sure I really wanted anything, but I got a few things. I picked up the special run, because I do love a blind bag. I am curious what I will get. None of the special runs excited me all that much, so it was a gamble that I can hopefully at least sell for the money I spent. I got a few other things, including a couple of non-Breyerfest items to throw in the mix. If I was already going to be paying about $30 in shipping, I wanted to make it a little bit more worth it. So that was what I did in the morning. I also thought about finishing the hunt seat dolls I am working on. It's the thought that counts... though the dolls are still not finished...
    In the late morning I picked up Elecktra and we went to Walmart because we needed to go to Walmart. I also thought about photo showing some more. I was thinking that if I had just a corner to keep my photo show table and arena set up on, I might actually be able to take my time and get nice photos. Just a few photos at a time. I don't happen to have even a corner that I could fit a table in, but it was a nice thought. Setting up the arena and getting the footing down nicely takes such a long time that I want to then make the best use of all that setup time. But maybe I need to think about being a little bit more realistic about show photos. Maybe I can make an insanely detailed plan, with exactly which horse I want to set up in what classes. Then I can break it down into doing maybe 5 at a time. I could do that. Maybe. We'll see if that happens. My performance stuff is still in the storage locker. 
     Mostly I was unmotivated today, and Ethan was unmotivated, so we watched a bunch of NCIS. But I did catch a little bit of the Breyerfest evening show. 
     I grabbed this screenshot and now want to see if I can figure out a way to get my vaulting setup like this. HOW is the question. The doll can stand, but squarely on both her feet. I really don't think she can balance in this position. Bit it could be interesting to try to make it happen. 
      Other things that happened today was finding out that this winged Silver sold for $65,000 in the auction! I got to see a video (Maggie Bennett's video) of the auction. It was so still when those last bids were coming in. I saw the usual comments about how much of this or that someone could buy with that money. It's true, you could buy a lot of something (or a large chunk of something big) with $65,000. But I really don't care what people do with their money. And if they choose to spend it on a plastic horse so they can support some charities, good for them. Maybe they didn't even care overly much about the horse itself and were more interested in the charities. Though most of the other horses didn't go anywhere near this high, so they must have also really wanted this horse in particular. 

      I saw the volunteer model and I am wondering if I will get that model or if I will get a different model because I was an online volunteer. I won't know until it arrives, though I did get a shipping notification from CCG (the shipping company Breyer uses). It is likely my celebration model, but maybe also volunteer models. Who knows. And as usual, they made the label and now nothing has happened. Waiting is hard. 
      So I do have the smallest bit of FOMO. Not much, since I am not currently all that interested in much of anything these days. Yes, that does concern me. But I have small little bits of wanting to do stuff with the horses. Nothing has come of it yet, but I have thought about it. I looked around at some of the online offerings for Breyerfest, but they are actually pretty hard to find. I don't know who has things and the new Facebook shows me stuff from a week ago, then a bunch of ads, then stuff from a few minutes ago, ads, old stuff... I have missed so many things I am sure. 
      Anyway, on this second day of Breyerfest I watched a small amount of live footage, some videos of different things, a bit of the evening show, bought some stuff, looked at Facebook a lot, listened to some more of the Mares in Black BIG Breyerfest episode, and I thought about all the walking that I am not doing because I am not at the Kentucky horse park. My feet kind of hurt just thinking about it. But I kind of wish I had gone for a nice long walk today. Maybe with some horse friends. 
 

No comments: